Deadline: 10 April 2011
Open to: experienced, professional degree holders in business, economics, development studies or related fields required, MBA preferred
Salary: not stated
NESsT is an international nonprofit organization that develops sustainable social enterprises solving critical social problems in emerging market countries.
NESsT is looking for a Director to lead NESsT Consulting’s client work and business development activities. NESsT Consulting provides training and consulting to nonprofit organizations, donors and international organizations on financial sustainability, social enterprise, business planning and related topics. Consultancies have taken place in over 45 countries. This full-time position can be based either in Bucharest or Timisoara, Romania, or in Budapest, Hungary and reports to the co-CEO. The position involves significant domestic and international travel (approximately 40%).
• Provide training and consulting to clients globally, including nonprofit organizations, donors, and international organizations.
• Lead NESsT Consulting’s overall strategy and development and maximize its financial and mission impact.
• Coordinate marketing and business development efforts globally and NESsT Consulting’s positioning with target segments. Business development includes ongoing market research, current client relations and new lead cultivation.
• Identify and actively develop new areas for growth, including services, geographic expansion, and sectors. This will be a major component of NESsT Consulting’s strategy over the next five years.
• Responsible for staffing consulting projects and preparing teams for assignments.
• Contribute to the development of new consulting tools and materials.
• Oversee relevant management systems and reporting standards, including NESsT’s Customer Resource Management (CRM) system and NESsT Consulting’s knowledge management.
• Coordinate contract development, bidding and negotiation with the Consulting and Finance teams.
• Track business and profitability analysis on quarterly basis.
• Professional degree in business, economics, development studies or related fields required, MBA preferred.
• Demonstrated experience leading and growing successful ventures. Experience managing and leading teams in an international setting.
• Knowledge of target sectors including social enterprises/businesses, inclusive businesses, base of the pyramid, and donor organizations.
• 3-5 years of social enterprise and/or small business experience.
• 3-5 years of international experience.
• Experience as a consultant and trainer, particularly in leading interactive workshops.
• Strong written communication and organizational skills, strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of and passion for international social change issues.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to be flexible, resourceful and innovative in international, nonprofit environment with limited resources.
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Fluency in English and advanced Spanish, and fluency in one of the languages where NESsT works in Central Europe (Romanian, Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, Croatian).
• Willingness and predisposition to travel.
Competitive nonprofit salary in local currency.
• Send resume and cover letter in English, including net salary expectations and salary history for the past three years, via email to Carmen Mezinca at email@example.com.
• In the subject of the email, please write “Consulting Director.”
• Deadline for application: April 10, 2011.