Deadline: 1 and 20 June 2011
Open to: students from all backgrounds
Costs: 120EUR (if you need accommodation) or 80EUR (if you don’t need accommodation), and travel costs
Venue: 15 – 20 August 2011, Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania, Romania
This conference is organized in Cluj-Napoca, Romania for the second time . This academic simulation of the United Nations helps participants develop better skills in communication, conflict management, public speaking, multilateral diplomacy, cultural awareness etc.
Each participant will take the role of a delegate representing a country. Delegates have to promote and protect the interests of their country during the debates in the chosen council. They can also chose to journalist and closely monitor the debates.
The UN bodies that will be simulated during our conference are:
1. The Security Council
2. The Crisis Committee (The Security Council – 1948)
3. The Human Rights Council
4. The Economic Commission for Africa
Students from all backgrounds interested in UN.
Fill in the online registration form, and upload your CV and motivation letter.
Please note that the application process is divide in waves, each of them with duration of three weeks. Participants applying during one of these waves will only find out the result of their application once each wave is closed.
* First wave: 11th of April 2011 – 3rd of May 2011 → results: 4rd of May 2011
* Second wave: 4th of May 2011 – 1st of June 2011 → results: 1st of June 2011
* Third wave:1st of June 2011 – 20th of June 2011 → results: 20th of June 2011
Participation fee of 120 EUR, which will cover:
* accommodation during the conference – 5 nights;
* coffee breaks;
* Romanian traditional dinner;
* Closing Gala dinner;
* welcome package;
* all materials needed during the conference;
In case the participant does not need accommodation the participation fee is 80 EUR.