Deadline: 30 June 2011
Open to: All photographers
Prizes: 1st prize US$ 1,500, 2nd prize US 1,000, 3rd prize US$ 500
This year’s competition will support the activities of Every Child Matters Education Fund, a non-profit, non-partisan organization based in Washington DC, providing advocacy for various issues of critical importance to children, including:
- Access to affordable, comprehensive health care services
- Early care, learning opportunities and after school programs
- Reducing poverty
- Eliminating violence, neglect and abuse against children in their homes and communities
Globally, misery has a child’s face. According to leading humanitarian organizations fighting global poverty, children suffer disproportionately from misery and mistreatment. By supporting Every Child Matters Education Fund through the 2011-12 International Photo Contest and its visual impact, Colors of Life is harnessing the evocative power of photography to help improve children’s lives.
“Every Child Matters”
Preferred subjects for photographs submitted are those related to the issues focused on by Every Child Matters Education Fund, i.e. health care, education, poverty and violence and abuse, each as it involves children in America. The goal of this year’s competition is to produce a documentary-style exhibition from the 30 finalist photographs that will be utilized by Every Child Matters Education Fund in exhibitions and other events to call attention to its efforts on behalf of children. Given the theme and documentary nature of this year’s competition, the jury will afford significant weight to those submissions adhering closely to the theme in selecting the finalist and prize-winning photos.
- Open to all photographers.
- All forms of photographic medium are eligible.
- Printing and framing of selected finalist images will be provided by Colors of Life with the support of its sponsors.
- 1st prize of the Competition will be US$ 1,500
- 2nd prize of the Competition will be US 1,000
- 3rd prize of the Competition will be US$ 500
- Two honorable mention awards will be made among the remaining finalist photographs (no cash prizes)
non-refundable entry fee of US$ 40.00 entitles each artist to submit up to 3 images.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
Each artist can pay the entry fee via:
- A valid PayPal account
- A valid credit card – all major credit cards (Amex, Visa, MasterCard) are accepted for payment of the entry fee via PayPal to the following seller account: [email protected]
- By international money order or check drawn on a US bank made payable to Colors of Life.
- JPG/JPEG 300 ppi, longest dimension 1900 pixels
- File size should not exceed 2 MB each!
- File name should include artist’s first and last name, image title and number
HOW TO SUBMIT
Either pay via
– Paypal (please save and attach a copy of the payment receipt) – seller account: [email protected]
– International money order/check on US bank account (please attach a scanned and legible copy of your money order or check)
– send up to 3 pictures complying with the SUBMISSION SPECIFICATIONS to the following email address: [email protected]
Pay via either:
– Paypal (please save and attach a printed copy of your payment receipt) – Seller account: [email protected]
– International money order/check on US bank account (please attach a scanned and legible copy of your money order or check).
– Send a CD/DVD with your pictures and a compiled copy of the entry form to the following address:
COLORS OF LIFE – International Photo Contest
1725 I street, NW suite 300
Washington DC, 2006
You can find more details about the contest on The Official Webpage