Open to: Students with an academic background in law, political science, sociology and/or international relations, currently enrolled at a University
Remuneration: a stipend of 500 CHF per month
The Basel Institute on Governance is offering a summer internship position starting June 2011 to August or September 2011 (dates are flexible) for students in their graduate program.
The Basel Institute on Governance is an independent and non-‐profit think tank conducting research and offering policy advice and capacity building support in public, global and corporate governance/compliance. Through the International Centre for Asset Recovery, they further provide training and advisory services in the field of asset recovery. On grounds of its academic research it provides assistance to developing and transition countries in the assessment and implementation of public sector reforms particularly with regard to their anti-‐corruption legislation and institutions.
Internship description and main tasks:
The intern will primarily assist with research and project support tasks on topics related to anti-corruptionmeasures and public sector governance.
- Assist staff with research and background analyses
- Drafting papers (“best-practice” papers or “lesson learned”)
- Assist staff with projects, logistics and administration
- The intern should currently be enrolled at a University and fulfill this internship as part of his/her studies.
Desired knowledge and skills are:
- Academic background in law, political science, sociology and / or international relations.
- Fluency in English (language skills such as Russian, Arabic and/or French considered an asset)
- Strong interest in anti-corruption and public sector governance topics
Please note that the internship is based in Basel, Switzerland. All students are encouraged to apply. The Basel Institute on Governance will provide a small stipend of 500 CHF per month.
Please submit your application (CV, Motivation letter) to: Ms Andrea Poelling, Head of Resources and Operational Support, [email protected]