Open to: ideal candidate should be a Master’s degree or PhD candidate whose thesis has common themes with Enterprise Architecture, Data and Object Modeling, Knowledge Representation, and Enterprise Governance
Deutsche Telekom is one of the world’s largest telecommunications providers, with its headquarters in Bonn, Germany. We serve more than 140 million wireless phone customers in Europe through the T brand, and it is Germany’s largest fixed-line telephone operator, providing domestic and international wireline long-distance voice services under the T banner. In addition, it is a leading ISP with more than 25 million broadband subscribers, offering other data and multimedia services such as Entertain-branded Internet television. Deutsche Telekom’s T-Systems International specializes in IT services for businesses.
The telecommunications industry today is experiencing rapid transformation and continuous innovation. Deutsche Telekom is at the
forefront of this change, and it has a strong Enterprise Architecture competence that focuses on combining practical needs with strategic thinking. This Enterprise Architecture group has an internship opportunity for an individual who can combine strong conceptual thinking with excellent enterprise modeling knowledge, and can apply practical solutions to complex problems. The primary focus area for this candidate will be in Enterprise Product Management, which involves the management of telecommunications product information and lifecycle functions for the entire enterprise. Product information will range from commercial aspects (e.g. campaigns, pricing, ordering) to their realization (e.g. service delivery). Training and mentorship
will be provided to the candidate, along with guidance on their deliverables.
The ideal candidate should be a Master’s degree or PhD candidate whose thesis has common themes with Enterprise Architecture, Data and Object Modeling, Knowledge Representation, and Enterprise Governance. In addition, candidates should have the following skills:
– Good communication skills. Ability to communicate with international audiences. All communications are in English, and strong English language skills are preferred.
– Candidates should have a background in Computer Science, and should possess a Master’s degree at a minimum in Computer Science.
– Candidates must be eligible to work within the European Union.
– Strong modeling knowledge. UML literacy, object-oriented modeling knowledge, and a good understanding of semantic technology are preferred.
– Ability to document ideas in clear and concise writing. Proven technical writing abilities an advantage.
– A good understanding of enterprise technology such as Application Middleware and Enterprise Integration required. Strong knowledge of business process management (BPM), event architectures, canonical data models, service-oriented architectures, and distributed computing an advantage.
– A good understanding of governance models and enterprise architecture frameworks like TOGAF and Zachmann.
– Some background with the telecommunications industry is helpful. Familiarity with TMForum standards, eTom, and the SID an advantage.
Candiates will be expected to work primarily from our offices in Den Haag, with occasional travel to Germany (primarily Bonn). Occasional travel opportunities may arise in some of the other countries where Deutsche Telekom operates within Europe (e.g. Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Croatia, Macedonia, Greece, etc.). Compensation will be provided for travel expenses. The selected candidate will be expected to start from the 15th of July, 2011 for a duration of 6 months.
How to Apply
Please send all enquires for this position to:
Enterprise Architecture, Corporate IT