Deadline: 20 August 2011
Open to: young people from 18 to 30 years old
Dates: 1-5 September 2011, Krusevo, Republic of Macedonia
Costs: no costs, no participation fee
The traditional conference ”European values for the future of Southeastern European Countries 2011” is part of the long term initiative of International Youth Conferences organized by YAK since 2003. Fifty-five (55) active young people from 14 countries (Macedonia (host country), Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Germany, Kosovo under UNSC 1244/1999, Monte Negro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Turkey) will focus on promoting the European values as common values of young people in SEE.
Throughout five days, the participants will make critical and self-critical reviews of the policies implemented in SEE through sharing and discussing common problems concerning youth. The theoretical input, which will be based on good practices about the potential of the actual multicultural EU models and Balkan 2014, will raise awareness among youth about the significance of the regional cooperation for EU integration. The conference blends social interaction with cultural and educational components into one cohesive experience.
The interaction of the participants provokes communication and dialogue that, throughout the event, provides an unparalleled learning experience and cross-cultural adventure.The opportunity that they will have to interact with the authorities (our guest speakers) will encourage them to continue the dialog with the decision-makers and on the long-term, will establish a higher level of dialogue between both parties.
Terms of Participation
– Participants must be youth leaders between 18 – 30 years old;
– Participants need to have a willingness to participate in the processes of decision making at regional level;
– Participants need to have previous experience in youth NGO actually in creation of youth policy;
– Participants must come from countries covered by the project;
– Participants must come from relevant NGO or institution;
– Participants must have prepared essay on some of topics of the conference and to be motivated to speak on the proposed themes. (Planed topics for the conference can be found on our web site)
How to Apply