Deadline: 10 October 2011
Open to: project managers, Young people, youth leaders and youth workers from Program Countries, South-East Europe, Eastern Europe and Caucasus
Costs: board and lodging are covered by the organizers (check details below)
Venue: 22 – 27 November 2011, Belgium
The “Fair, The Unfair and the Collective Intelligence” Training Course is organized by the Belgium YiA national Agency, with the main aim to learn or reinforce a “participation pedagogy”, this is, aims at developing youth work tools to respond to situations of injustice that young people may face in their environment or life.
Raising the question of “active participation” or “collective attitude” of young people implies to reflect on the importance of a youth expression in public. “Public space moment”, where collective action starts in order to express, to contest, to build a “collective intelligence” is extremely important towards a real social change, not limited to debate or arguments.
Please not that English and French will be the working languages, so a good command of both is needed.
– discovering youth situations and experiences of collective injustice from the participants’ background;
– mutual discovery of practices of youth “collective performances” in the public arena
– exploration and identification of different conceptions of the notion of “public arena” in the 21st century (what is it? where is it? how open is it?…)
– development of tools in order to create youth “collective performances” to be realized in the public arena (with political messages)
– development of performances to be implemented in Brussels public arena;
The Training Course is open to project managers, Young people, youth leaders and youth workers from Program Countries, South-East Europe, Eastern Europe and Caucasus.
* Program Countries: travel cost are taken in charge by your National Agency, food, accommodation and activity costs taken in charge by the organizers
* EECA and SEE countries: all costs taken in charge by the organisers (visa costs also)
* French Speaking Community of Belgium, a participation fee of 30 € is asked, and all other costs are taken in charge by BIJ: local travel, food, accommodation and activity costs
NA BeFr – BIJ
18 rue du commerce 1000 Bruxelles
E-mail: [email protected]