Deadline: 24 July 2011
Open to: social entrepreneurs, community activists and volunteers aged 16-19
Costs: travel, visa fee, accommodation and meals during the summit covered by the British Council
Venue: 13-19 November 2011, UK
Global Changemakers seeks applications from social entrepreneurs, community activists and volunteers aged 16 to 19 to attend week long training sessions and workshops in the UK during the Global Youth Summit to be held in November, 2011.
- Improve participants’ knowledge, insight, and exposure to key economic, political, and social issues globally
- Improve participants’ ability to design and deliver projects by giving them the concrete tools and skills they need to amplify their work
- Support intercultural dialogue among young people from around the world
- Serve as a platform to exchange knowledge, ideas and best practices of what works most effectively in global and local contexts
- Grow and sustain the network of Global Changemakers
- Social entrepreneurs, community activists and volunteers aged 16-19 (on 13 November)
- Applicants must be able to make themselves available in the UK from 13-19 November
- They must not have taken part in any previous Global Changemakers summits
- They must be able to communicate comfortably in English
As with previous summits, applicants will be expected to submit a two-minute video describing their efforts to bring about a positive change in their communities and their ambitions on how to take this to the next level.
Download the video instructions HERE.
The British Council covers travel, visa, accommodation and meals during the summit for the participants.
You can apply by submitting the online application form.
All applications (application form + video) must be submitted by 24 July 2011.