Venue: 19 – 21 October, 2011
Vanue: Warszawa, Poland
Open to: people who are interested in European integration
The International Presidency Conference is the main event of the 7 FP project “European integration process in the new regional and global settings”. The conference programme focuses on topics considered to be essential for the single market under the new settings, defined by globalization, technological and demographic change, new world political and economic interrelations, environmental change, scarcity of resources, political uncertainty, etc.The conference will be attended by experts on European integration and intellectual capital, including representatives of the European Commission, higher education institutions, businesses, central and local government administration, think-tanks and European NGOs. The conference has two main goals. Firstly, to propose recommendations referring to different targets formulated in the Europe 2020 Strategy. Secondly, to suggest research topics crucial for strengthening the integration process of the EU in its multidimensional aspects.
The conference will be attended by experts on European integration and intellectual capital, including representatives of the European Commission, higher education institutions, businesses, central and local government administration, think-tanks and European NGOs.
The conference will raise important issues, such as:
- social challenges of the integration process in the EU from the perspective of intellectual capital,
- financial stability after the crisis,
- the European Union’s security – energy policy aspects,
- Reducing regional development disparities in the Eu: a new financial perspective 2014-2020.
19th October 2011:
I. Opening Plenary Session : 10.00-11.00
II. Keynote Address: 11.00-12.00
Towards better integration of Europe – taking full potential of Europe ’s intellectual capital – international experts in the field of intellectual capital – moderated by Maciej Banach,Vice-Minister for Science and Higher Education.
III. Parallel Sessions: 12.30- 14.30
1. Social reforms for the sustainable and inclusive growth in the EU under demographic change- moderated by Professor Irena E. Kotowska, Warsaw School of Economics
2. Towards stability of the financial system after the global financial crisis- moderated by Professor Alojzy Nowak, Warsaw University
Lunch: 14.30- 15.30
IV. Plenary session: 15.30-17.00
EU financial integration dilemmas and regional development – moderated by Edwin Bendyk
20th October 2011:
I. Parallel Sessions: 10.00-12.00
1. The European Union security – energy policy aspects – moderated by professor Krzysztof Żmijewski, Warsaw University of Technology
2. Reducing regional development disparities in the EU: a new financial perspective 2014-2020– moderated by Professor Andrzej Stępniak, Gdańsk University
II. Brief summary of the sessions by the rapporteurs 12.00-12.45
Lunch: 12.45- 14.00
III. Round table debate: 14.00-15.30:
13.45-14.15 – Keynote speech: Europe 2020: integration process in the European Union– main directions of reforms, Professor Mario Monti, Bocconi University
14.30-15.30 – Panel Debate: Europe 2020 and the future of economic policy coordination in the EU, moderated by Paweł Świeboda, President of Demos Europa, Poland
Registration for the European Integration Process in the New Regional and Global Settings Conference is possible through on-line registration system. Please note that registration is not equivalent to admittance for the conference. You will be informed about it with a separate email.
• You can create your account with the registration system only once, which mean you won’t be able to change your email address later on.
• However, once you register a Participant you can login to the registration system as many times as you wish and change almost all your registration data you have entered (except your e-mail address).