Deadline: 15 January 2012
Open to: everybody who is interested in architecture
Venue: 19 -21 April 2012
Epoka University in Tirana, Albania, is organizing the First International Conference on Architecture and Urban Design (1-ICAUD) which will be held at Epoka University in Tirana, Albania on April 19-21, 2012. An international audience of about 150 persons, including academics, practicing architects, urban designers, and planners is expected.
Over the past twenty years, Tirana, the capital of Albania, has evolved into a dense, compact, and vibrant city of almost one million people, full of shops, cafés, restaurants, music, colorful buildings, and street life. At the same time, it is choked with automobile traffic, its older façades are crumbling down, and the traditional housing stock is being eroded to make room for condominium buildings. Sustainable construction technologies are in their infancy. High-tech high-rise architecture is juxtaposed with small scale informal additions to communist-era housing units and pre-communist oriental and Western neoclassic homes.
For more information: [email protected]
You are invited to submit an abstract and / or poster proposal to one of the conference tracks listed below:
- Architectural history and historic preservation
- Green building technologies and materials
- User-friendly public spaces
- Architecture & urban design education
- Construction management
- Information technology in architecture & urban design
Abstracts / Posters must be submitted for review by January 15, 2012.
- Abstract submission deadline: Jan. 15, 2012
- Abstract acceptance notification: Feb. 1, 2012
- Full paper submission: March 7, 2012
- Conference fee payment: March 15, 2012
- Conference: April 19-21, 2012
Opening Session: Sheraton Hotel in the center of Tirana
Conference: Epoka University Campus, which includes state of the art conference and meeting facilities.