Deadline: 12 September, 2011
Open to: The post is open only to citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Salary: 1200EUR Gross Amount
Center for Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Studies of the University of Sarajevo – European Regional Master’s Degree in Human Rights and Democracy in South East Europe (ERMA) announces job opening: Academic Tutor.
The European Regional Master’s Degree in Human Rights and Democracy in South East Europe (ERMA) is an intensive one-year Master programme established through the joint efforts of the participating universities and coordinated by the Universities of Sarajevo and Bologna. The Programme is co-financed by the European Commission and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Master Programme bears 60ECTS and is structured in three terms/two semesters – I) November 2011 – June 2012: Lecturing period at the University of Sarajevo (semester I); II) June – July 2012: Internship work across South East Europe and III) September – October 2012: Master’s Theses writing-up period at the University of Bologna (semester II). Each academic year the Programme enrolls 30 students from the countries of South East Europe and the European Union. Starting from a.y.2011-2012 applications from the Caucasus and Russia shall also be accepted.
Contract Duration: 12 Months (start of contract – 31 October, 2011 with preparatory non paid period of 6 days between 24th and 29th October 2011). Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (Travel expected).
- The university degree of the applicants must be earned during studies lasting either 4 or 5 years within the former undergraduate studies provisions, or 5 years (3+2) within I and II cycle studies provisions in accordance with the Bologna process.
- MA Degree in Human Rights with sufficient knowledge on Democracy and Democratization process; familiarity with the South East Europe regional specificities a must;
- Preference given to candidates with European Regional Master’s Degree in Human Rights and Democracy in South East Europe.
- 1 year of experience in educational activity.
- Experience of providing supervision.
- Minimum 40 hours per week (the tutors should expect extra working hours prior to the student’s dead-lines for paper’s submission and well as during the exams and MA Thesis defences. The Programme expects commitment and to adapt to different circumstances. Extra working hours are not paid. )
- The third period of the ERMA, the writing-up of the MA thesis is organized at the University of Bologna, Italy. The tutors are expected to spend those 45 days working with the students there.
- One calendar month holidays per year (20 working days).
How to apply?
Letters of application, including updated CV, MA Degree Diploma certified copy, MA Degree Transcripts certified copy, and two academic recommendations, all in English, should be emailed to [email protected].
For more information:
Center for Interdisciplinary
Zmaja od Bosne 8
Bosnia and Herzegovina
e-mail: [email protected]
phone/fax: + 387 33 668 683