Deadline: 31 August 2011
Open to: Students with Master’s degree in Law who are fluent in either English or French
Scholarship: Attractive remuneration, 3-years fixed-term contract, 40h/week, renewable once (up to 4 years), Student and employee status
The University of Luxembourg has an opening within its Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance for an Early stage researcher (PhD student) in Law (M/F),with a specialisation in Legal Philosophy and General Jurisprudence. The early stage researcher will be working within the research unit of Law. He/she is expected to contribute to research projects in the area of Legal Philosophy and Jurisprudence.
- Master’s degree in Law (with specialisation in Legal Philosophy or Jurisprudence).
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment.
- Fluency in either English or French, good understanding of the second language and possibly a third language.
- German in particular, will be considered an advantage.
3-years fixed-term contract, 40h/week, renewable once (up to 4 years),Student and employee status.
The early stage researcher‘s main task will consist in contributing to the research within the Department of Law and preparing a doctoral thesis in the field of Legal Philosophy or Jurisprudence, supervised by Prof. Johan van der Walt. The thesis has to be done at the University of Luxembourg but can be part of a joint supervision with another university.
Contribute to the teaching at the rate of one or three hours per week of small group teaching and tutorials.
- Personal work space at the University (full-time contract requires the assistant to work on the University premises).
- Attractive remuneration.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted in English or French and must include the following:
- A motivation letter
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable.
- If possible, a transcript results of university studies.
- The name, current position, and relationship to the applicant, of one referee.
Applications must be sent by post as well as electronically: fdef-recrutement[email protected]
Faculté de Droit, Économie et Finance
Université du Luxembourg
162a Avenue de la Faïencerie