Deadline: 15 January 2012
Open to: Qualified individuals committed to the revival of European Jewish culture regardless of age, religion, academic background or country of origin
Scholarship: Scholarships including student tuition, student accommodation and a monthly stipend
The Paideia One Year Jewish Studies Program offers a unique international Jewish studies experience during eight months in Stockholm, Sweden with the possibility of completing a Master in Jewish Civilizations at the Hochschule für Jüdisch Studien in Heidelberg, Germany.
The features of the program are:
- Academic studies of Jewish text and culture in English
- World-renowned faculty from Israeli and European universities
- Interactive text studies using the Hevruta method of studying in pairs
- Applied project work
- Networking in an open, international and pluralistic European environment
- Hebrew Ulpan 6 hours per week
- Optional second year of studies at the HfJS in Heidelberg
- Follow-up programs and conferences
Candidates should have the following qualities:
- Commitment to the renewal of European Jewish culture
- Intellectual curiosity and documented academic experience
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
Prior study experience in Jewish texts or Hebrew is not required.
Fellows receive scholarships including student tuition, student accommodation and a monthly stipend towards living costs.
- Interviews: Qualified candidates are called for an on-line interview latest one month after applying.
- Decision: Decision of scholarship is taken within 1½ month after applying.
- Early Application: Deadline January 15 (decision by March 1)
- Application I: Deadline March 1 (decision by April 15)
- Application II: Deadline April 15 (decision by June 1)
The earlier one applies, the better chances are to get a scholarship.