Deadline: 31 December 2011
Open to: Anyone outside of Iran who would like to study any form of medical sciences in Iran
Scholarship: 3,000 to 15,000 US$ per year
The Chancellor of Tehran University of Medical Sciences and the President of the International Campus are pleased to announce their first round of scholarships to foreign students who are interested to pursue their studies at TUMS-IC. The University offers schoarships in following study degrees:
– M.D. or Doctor of Medicine
– D.D.S. or Doctor of Dental Surgery
– Pharm.D. or Doctor in Pharmacy
The students will study on the following hosting schools: School of Medicine; School of Dentistry; School of Pharmacy; School of Advanced Technology in Medicine; School of Allied Health Sciences; School of Public Health; School of Nursing and Midwifery; School of Rehabilitation.
If you wish to see the particular fields of study at each school, please click here.
TUMS Scholarship Program is a scholarship program set up by TUMS-IC to encourage international students and scholars to pursue their studies and research at TUMS-IC. The scholarship aims to increase the mutual understanding and scientific exchange of scholars and students of Iran, and scholars and students from other parts of the world. TUMS is the best university in the field of medical sciences in Iran and it has been ranked the second-best medical university in the Middle East. The value of the scholarship varies from 3,000 to 15,000 US$. The scholarship covers students’ first transport from the airport, housing, partial food plans, computer labs, sports and student union membership, library, and Internet access.
– For undergraduate level of studies: the applicant must have finished high school.
– For graduate level of studies: the applicant must have obtained an undergraduate degree in the field related to her/his desired field of study.
Language Proficiency: The teaching language will be in English. The applicant need to have proof of English language ability to write, read, and understand. Our official language is Persian/Farsi and we will assist those who wish to pursue their education in Persian/Farsi
Eligibility: The scholarship is only for non-Iranian citizens.
1. You will apply online. The linkto apply online can be found here.
2. The University representatives will send you an email informing you that your application has been received.
3. You will be asked to submit supporting documents.
4. All of your documents will be gathered and a profile for you will be created.
5. Your profile will be taken to the Selection Committee. In the Selection Committee meeting, representatives of departments will review your profile and will decide about your candidacy. Please note that the Selection Committee meeting takes place once per week. All profiles are reviewed one by one and with serious attention. Your gender and country of residency are not important. Your grades, publications, letter of motivation, work experience, letters of recommendation are important to the Selection Committee. The level of your English language is also important.
6. Once the Selection Committee has reviewed your profile we will notify you about your status. A letter of admission (acceptance) or a letter of refusal will be sent to you.
The application deadline is 31 December 2011.
In case of any further questions, please contact the University representatives to:
Office of International Affairs, International Campus, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
One Poursina Avenue, Tehran 14176-53861, Iran
Tel.: (+ 98 21) 81 63 42 04