Deadline: 31 December 2011
Open to: Early-career journalists and financial professionals or final year students/recent graduates of journalism, economics, business or languages.
Venue: Thomson Reuters offices in London, New York and Singapore
Want to cover the biggest news stories of the day? Fascinated by financial markets and economic fluctuations? Thomson Reuters is offering the opportunity of a career in journalism with the world’s largest international multimedia news agency with 160 years’ experience and an enviable reputation for speed, accuracy and market impact. At a time when many media organizations are cutting back or shrinking, Reuter’s strength is increasing globally due to electronic subscriptions from professionals in the financial markets, accountancy, tax, legal and media worlds. This has allowed to expand the trainee program to be a global scheme, offering new journalists the chance of a career with Reuters while earning an attractive salary and company benefits.
The Reuters Journalism Trainee Program, operating out of London, New York and Singapore, seeks candidates with the drive to become first-rate journalists and the skill to connect news events with the dynamics of the international financial markets.
Trainees will take part in several weeks of intensive classroom training then work on reporting teams in regional newsrooms in London, New York and across Asia. You will hit the ground running—reporting and delivering news stories to exacting Thomson Reuters standards.
After the nine-month program, trainees who meet the performance standards will move to staff positions. They will be placed in one of 200 newsrooms dotted across the globe, subject to business needs and language skills, and assigned a mentor to help guide their career here.
Reuters is looking for:
- Early-career journalists and financial professionals or final year students/recent graduates of journalism, economics, business or languages.
- A passion for journalism, with evidence of editorial work experience.
- Fluency in more than one language is a distinct advantage. Arabic, Russian, Mandarin or German are particularly welcome.
- A proven interest in financial news and grasp of key economic trends.
- A strong academic record at the bachelor’s or master’s degree level.
How to apply?
Apply online. In order to apply, you need to visit the following website and at the bottom of the page, you will choose in which office in the world you would prefer to work and then continue with the application process. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to take part in interviews and half-day assessment events. The number of trainees offered positions will depend on the quality of the applicants and the business needs of Thomson Reuters in the recruitment year.
- Applications accepted: September 30 – December 31 2011
- Selection process: February/March 2012
- Program begins: September 2012
Tel: 1 646.223.4000
Tel: 1 416.360.8700
Tel: 44 20.7250.1122
E-mail: [email protected]