Deadline: 29 February 2012
Open to: Computer Science BSc, with at least 1 year of professional experience
When we look around markets, we see the need for better information everywhere. Farmers are lacking prices, traders need transport and new contacts, projects and governments need a better way to reach out to people, businesses lack real-time updates on their stock, their harvests, and so on…
That’s where Esoko comes in. Using mobile phones, Esoko gives people and businesses the opportunity to share information quickly and affordably. Esoko provides a range of applications that both push updates out to the field, and, more importantly, pull data in from the field. Being better-informed helps everyone along the value chain and can play a vital role in how markets operate.
Esoko is now looking for a Software Developer. Passionate about designing solutions, solving problems, improving existing products. Enthusiastic, curious and willing to learn.
- To write and maintain large portions of code (modules, etc.), with attention to various factors, including performance, usability, compatibility, security, consistency.
- To support peers and provide technical guidance, making sure that development tasks are assigned, followed up on and completed in time.
- Solid understanding of computer programming, data structures, algorithms, techniques.
- To anticipate problems and make recommendations.
- To test and review others’ work and provide training and support.
- To participate in various phases of software development, from gathering of requirements to testing and deployment.
- At least a BSc Computer Science or its equivalent
- At least 1 year relevant work experience
- Enthusiastic, curious and willing to learn
- Logical, problem-solver, imaginative and multi-task
If you feel you meet these criteria, and would like to apply, then please, apply via The Official Website. You will be asked to submit your CV/Resume and fill out a short questionnaire. Your application will then be emailed to the HR department at Esoko/BusyLab. Thanks for being interested!
More information about ESOKO available here.