Deadline: 19 March 2012
Open to: all interested
Prize: 2500 Euro
Investment Game is a real-time stock market simulation which allows players to manage up to three portfolios worth 10 000 000 EUR each by making virtual investments on more than 15 stock exchanges – Latvia , Lithuania , Estonia , Russia , Sweden , and Finland etc. After a simple free registration, the participant can trade securities online with quotes taken directly from the exchange market data providers. The prices and order status are updated every 5 minutes. This year the players will have a great opportunity to explore the benefits of financial derivatives. The game also provides basic trading tips and investment strategies and weekly market overviews to help players with no previous investing experience.
Participants from all over the world compete for prizes awarded for the best performing portfolio. The portfolios will be evaluated by different portfolios’ performance indicators: portfolio return, Alfa, Sharpe ratio, standard deviation (Weights to be announced). The event is organized by the Investment Fund, a student organization of the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, with the help of NASDAQ OMX Riga.
- Investment Game 2012 starts on March 19, 2012.
- Registration is free for all participants.
- The portfolio name cannot contain offensive words in any language. Such users will be deleted without any notice.
- The winners of the game will share 2500 EUR in cash.
- The best performers of every week will be awarded with investing books as well.
- Investment Game 2012 will be held in two sessions. The first session’s trading starts on March 19, 2012 and ends at 23:59 on April 15, 2012. The second session starts April 9, 2012 and ends at 23:59 on May 13, 2012.
- The participant of the Game can be anyone who has successfully registered. However, prizes can be given only to those who have fully and correctly disclosed their personal information during registration.
- Successful registration automatically implies that you have accepted the rules stated herewith.
To participate, please register.