Deadline: 14 March 2012
Open to: people with 1 to 2 years experience in the field, fluent in Polish and English
Salary: salary requirement to be specified by the candidate upon application
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is a non-partisan American public policy and grant making institution dedicated to promoting better understanding and cooperation between North America and Europe on transatlantic and global issues.
The Warsaw Office seeks an energetic, detail-oriented full-time Office Manager to assist the Staff with administrative tasks and to work on programming. This position is a temporary assignment for at least five (5) months starting April 1, 2012 and ending in August 31, 2012.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Facilities and Office Operations
- Manage the calendars of Office Director, Senior Program Officer and Warsaw Office;
- Mange the overall office operations of the Warsaw Office;
- Serve as the primary point of contact in managing the relationships with office equipment vendors to ensure prompt and efficient service;
- Manage all office improvement projects and seating assignments;
- Liaise with IT to support Warsaw staff with equipment troubleshooting and service calls;
- Coordinate with the HQ on various operational issues, as needed;
- Manage the distribution of office access and the entire system;
- Maintain an updated vendor list at all times; and
- Maintain sufficient supplies and inventory for the office to include stationery and business card orders.
- Code and process all invoices and payments accurately and timely; and
- Perform account reconciliations and cost allocations.
Human Resources and Payroll
- Assist employees with obtaining travel visas, in coordination with the HR team in HQ;
- Perform human resources related activities to include supporting recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding efforts;
- Provide office orientations for all new hires, interns, and guests, as needed; and
- Coordinate the local payroll and transmission, and reconciliation, and banking transactions.
Qualifications and Requirements
- One to two years of office administration or Assistant experience to include bookkeeping, payroll, human resources and facilities management, a plus.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask with a high level of initiative and motivation.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated good customer service skills (i.e. courteous and enthusiastic).
- Fluency in both Polish and English required.
To be considered for this position, please forward cover letter and current resume, along with salary requirement, to [email protected] Please reference job title in the subject line. Due to the high volume of responses, only candidates of interest shall be contacted.