Deadline: 30 April 2012
Open to: All interested candidates not older than 45 years with a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study
Scholarship: A monthly allowance, air travel tickets, tuition fees
Malaysian International Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies provides opportunities for students from countries with diplomatic relations and bilateral cooperation with Malaysia to pursue advanced academic study in Malaysia. The purpose of this scholarship is to promote bilateral arrangement with partner countries on government to government basis, and to encourage students from other countries to study in Malaysia with the view to facilitate future collaboration and exchange of scholars in enhancing educational cooperation between Malaysia and partner countries.
Malaysian International Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies are available for postgraduate studies at Masters and PhD level tenable at Malaysian Universities. The duration of the award is 36 months for PhD and between 12 to 24 months for Masters programme.
Field of studies are in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health including but not limited to, nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy
*Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
Each scholarship consists of:
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance (will be paid at the beginning of research (after proposal defense) and the balance will be paid only upon submission of the thesis) – For PhD and Post-Doctoral only
- A conference travel grant and journal publication grant (PhD and Post-Doctoral only)
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:
- Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
– IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
– TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only)
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
All applications should be made ONLINE through Ministry of Higher Education’s website herestarting from 16th January 2012 until 30th April 2012.
- REGISTER your Passport Number or National Identication Number, password and email address.
- LOGIN to online application form and fill in all section completely.
- Please ensure all informations are correct before you print the application and logout.
Please attach printed application form together with the following documents:
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Completed Medical Report. [download]
- A certified copy of current passport showing evidence of citizenship.
- A certified copy of academic transcript, testimonials and/or references relating to the relevant study, co-curriculum activities, achievements.
- A clear and precise study or research plan
- A certified copy of English Language proficiency certificate (Test of English as a Foreign Language/TOEFL or International English Language Testing Service/IELTS)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Admission letter from Malaysian University.
- Two letters of recommendation from two (2) people who can act as referees to support your application. [download]
- Endorsement Form. [download]
You are required to complete the two Letters of Recommendation from two referees, Endorsement Form and Medical Report. Please bring printed ONLINE application form and required documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the relevant agency responsible for the MIS scholarship in your country to get the endorsement.
- Scan all documents stated above in PDF format and LOGIN to MIS Online Application.
- You are required to attach the documents and click <strong>SUBMIT</strong> button to submit the application. You will see the notification message when the process is done. All the application is fully online. No hard copy is required. Bring the hard copy of application form and original certificate during the interview session.
For further enquiries, please contact:
email : [email protected]
Phone No. : +603-8870 6000/6925/6337
Fax No. : +603-8870 6839