Deadline: 15 June 2012
Open to: youth workers and youth leaders, who have experience in an international event/activity
Venue: 18-24 September 2012 | San Simon Island, Galicia
The overall aim of the TICTAC TC is to develop participants’ competences for implementing Action 4.3 / 3.1 projects, as support measures in an organization’s long term strategy.
The specific objectives of the course are:
- to promote the YiA Programme as an Educational Tool;
- to explore the YiA Programme with a special focus on the aims of Action 4.3 / 3.1 and its activities;
- to understand the role of Action 4.3/ 3.1 projects within a long term strategy;
- to simulate the first steps of organising an Action 4.3 / 3.1 project within an international team;
- to develop participant’s competences in planning Non Formal Education and Intercultural Learning Processes;
- to promote Youth Participation and European Citizenship as key elements when designing a YiA Project.
In the training course participants have the opportunity to meet and to get to know others’ organisations, but contact making is not directly a priority of the training course.
The training course is designed for youth workers and youth leaders, who
- have experienced an international event/activity before (not necessarily a project under the Youth in Action programme),
- have at least basic knowledge in the Youth in Action programme,
- are newcomers in Training and Networking projects (Action 4.3/3.1) of Youth in Action or have limited experience and are motivated to learn about and make use of these Actions as a tool for creating or strengthening international partnerships and working on quality in their international Youth in Action projects,
- have the support of an organisation to attend the TICTAC course and are in the position to implement Action 4.3/3.1 training and networking projects in their organisation,
- are minimum 18 years old,
- are able to use English as a working language in order to establish effective communication during group-work and sessions. A low level of English will limit your learning opportunities.
The training will be held between 18-24 September 2012 in San Simon Island, Galicia. The project is financed by the Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
In order to apply, please fill in the application form available here.