Deadline: July 15, 2012
Open to:participants of all ages, professional and amateur cartoonists
Prize:First place winners in each category- $1,000, Grand Prize winner- $2000
The Center for International Private Enterprise is organizing the Global Editorial Cartoon Competition 2012 to share creative ways of capturing key issues affecting the development of your country. The cartoons can be submitted on the subjects of democratic governance, entrepreneurship and youth empowerment.
Consequently, there are three categories:
- Democratic Governance (for more information read here)
- Entrepreneurship (for more information read here)
- Youth Empowerment ((for more information read here)
There are three categories. The First place winners in each category will receive $1,000. The Grand Prize winner will receive $2000.
- Preferred format: .jpg (.png and .tiff files are also acceptable)
- Digital versions: Minimum resolution of 300 dpi and dimensions of 600 pixels wide and 400 pixels high (must be suitable for printing).
- Hard-copy versions: A4 (210 X 297 mm) or A3 (297 X 410 mm) and Letter (216 × 279 mm)
- Submissions may include different sizes of cartoons – single panel, a strip, or a two-tier strip.
- Submissions must be static images with no Flash or other animation.
- English translations MUST be provided for any text or captions in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish.
- All submissions (files) MUST have the name and country of entrant included in the file.
- Due diligence will be conducted throughout the competition process. Plagiarism or any violation of competition rules will result in immediate disqualification from this and any future CIPE Global Editorial Cartoon Competition.