Deadline: June 14th, 2012
Open to: MA and PhD candidates or researchers affiliated with an academic or research institution fluent in English.
Costs: All participants will receive free room an board and travel expenses within Bosnia and Herzegovina will be covered. Participants must cover their own travel expenses to Srebrenica
Summer University Srebrenica is a two-month program starting in July 2012 for postgraduate students (MA and PhD-level) and researchers to conduct research projects on topics related to Genocide, Transitional Justice, Post-Conflict Studies, and Human Rights. The eight-week program has two core components: a two-week academic immersion and a six week research fellowship. While all successful candidates will participate in first component of the program (July 1st to 18th, 2012), only a dozen will be invited to participate in second component of the program (July 19th to August 31st, 2012). The program integrates field research with an opportunity to participate in the annual Peace March from Nezuk to Potočari and to attend the Commemoration Ceremony in Potočari. Following this, researchers will remain in Srebrenica to conduct their projects and will be provided with working space and various resources in the facilities in Potočari. During this time, there will be guest speakers, discussion opportunities, and visits to locations relevant for research. Finally, researchers will present their projects and progress at the end of the program.
The Summer University Sarajevo accepts 40 researchers selected on the basis of their academic excellence. Participants must be MA and PhD candidates or researchers affiliated with an academic or research institution. Fluency in English is required.
A complete application consists of the following:
- Application Form: Applicants must download and complete the form in English. Electronic copy of the form should be emailed at [email protected] while accepted applicants ONLY should mail signed hard copy to Memorial center Potočari address.
- Research Proposal: Applicants must give a written description of their research project, including reasons and motivation for participating in the Summer University Srebrenica and Supporting Documentation.
Applicants must provide the following documents in English. All documents not originally in English must be translated by the University or by an official translation service and certified.
- Curriculum Vitae in English.
- Proof of enrollment in MA or PhD program OR research affiliation with an academic or research institution.
- One letter of recommendation in English (academic or professional reference).
- Copy of passport (page containing photo and personal data)
All participants receive free room and board, as well as travel expenses within Bosnia and Herzegovina. Participants must cover their own travel expenses to Srebrenica.