Deadline: 1st July 2012
Open to: Persons between 21 and 40 with at least three years of experience in the creative sector. Have English language skills to IELTS 6 or above
Award: In September 2012 national winners will participate in a shared programme in the UK with valuable networking and idea exchange with their international and UK peers in the design and fashion sectors. The UK tour will run alongside London Design Festival and London Fashion Week industry events.
The British Council in partnership with Berytech Media Cluster is launching the Young Creative Entrepreneur award in the Design and Fashion Sectors. The Young Creative Entrepreneur – Design and Fashion award finds the brightest stars in the world of international design and fashion, recognising the importance of entrepreneurs in driving forward the design and fashion industries, developing their independent sector and representing the best of what’s going on in their local scene.
YCE Design and Fashion participants can be drawn from any of the following areas of the sectors:
- Architecture, interiors and environment.
- Product design manufacture: furniture, industrial products and craft.
- Fashion, textile, accessories or perfume design and production.
- Design and fashion promotion: shows, exhibitions, festivals, events.
- Design and fashion retail: buying, merchandising.
- Design and fashion product research, sourcing, supply chain management.
- Design and fashion marketing, PR, branding, communications, journalism, publishing.
Participants must fulfill folowing criteria:
- Be aged between 21 and 40 at the date applications are due
- Already work in the creative sector (as per sectoral definitions below) with at least three years experience
- Be entrepreneurial and have shown their ability in the promotion of that creative sector in their country, in either a commercial context, public context, or both
- Through their character, drive and abilities, demonstrate their potential to be a future leader of the sector in their country and a future partner for the UK
- Have English language skills to IELTS 6 – ‘competent user’ or above
Interested applicants can apply by filling out the application form which can be downloaded by clicking here.
In 2012 national winners will be selected in countries around the world who will participate in a shared programme in theUKwith valuable networking and idea exchange with their international andUKpeers in the design and fashion sectors. TheUKtour will run alongside London Design Festival and London Fashion Week industry events in September 2012.