Deadline: 1st July 2012
Open to: Persons between 21 and 40 with at least three years of experience in the creative sector. Have English language skills to IELTS 6 or above
Award: YCE Media winners will travel to the UK for a one week industry programme to develop opportunities for commercial and collaborative work in future
The British Council in partnership with Berytech Media Cluster is launching the Young Creative Entrepreneur award in the Media Sector. The award finds the brightest stars in the world of international media, recognising the importance of entrepreneurs in industry development, championing their independent sector and representing the best of what’s going on in their local scene. Since 2007, 60 young media entrepreneurs from more than 40 countries have taken part in the programme, building an active alumni network in the process, seeing the creation of new collaborations and business, co-productions, increased profiles, showcasing of work and participation at international festivals and industry events from Estonia to Indonesia, Poland to India, Ghana to UAE – and beyond!
YCE Media participants can be drawn from any of the following areas of the sectors:
- Interactive software, entertainment and games developers, specialist agencies, and publishers – working across various platforms (internet, broadcast, consoles and mobile devices)
- Developers of social media websites/platforms (where not predominately linked to other sectors – i.e. a music social network with its roots in the music business is likely more suited to music award)
- Film, TV and animation – development, production, post-production/special effects
- Distribution and sales for film, TV, animation and other multimedia content
- Exhibition for film, TV and animation, including cinema and festival/event programming and management
- Specialists/consultants/agencies supporting the development of these industries (i.e. skills for scriptwriting, visual effects etc.)
All interested participants must:
- Be aged between 21 and 40 at the date applications are due
- Already work in the creative sector (as per sectoral definitions below) with at least three years experience
- Be entrepreneurial and have shown their ability in the promotion of that creative sector in their country, in either a commercial context, public context, or both
- Through their character, drive and abilities, demonstrate their potential to be a future leader of the sector in their country and a future partner for the UK
- Have English language skills to IELTS 6 – ‘competent user’ or above
Interested applicants can apply by filling out the application form which can be downloaded by clicking here.
In October 2012 the national YCE Media winners will travel to the UK for a one week industry programme to develop opportunities for commercial and collaborative work in future. The programme will include curated group meetings to give an overview of what’s happening in the UK media industry, peer networking with the international participants and UK young media entrepreneurs, master-classes and advice/ongoing mentoring and investment and attendance at London Film Festival, Power to the Pixel and other partner events.