Deadline: 30th January 2013
Open to: Students from developing countries (out of European Union)
Scholarship: monthly 6000 Czech crown – approx. 220EUR, obtain scholarship straight from the university in the following years
Programme Scholarship for foreign students supports foreign students coming from developing countries out of European Union who want to study at one of the universities in the South Moravian region in the Czech republic, in the Czech study programmes.
What is provided in the programme:
1. Scholarship for the first study year – to cover basic living costs
2. Free administrative assistance and consultancy
- Foreign students coming from developing countries out of European Union, who wish to study a follow-up master or Ph.D. study programs in Czech language, at partner universities in the South Moravian region of the Czech republic.
- Preferably in technical and natural science field of study (applicants for other study programmes are welcomed as well, however their chance to obtain scholarship is much lower).
- Applicants, who have already studied at any of the Czech universities before, are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- It is expected that the applicants have sufficient knowledge of Czech language to be able to start studying in Czech right after their arrival in Brno.
- The applicants who receive scholarship can attend course of Czech language at particular universities (price and number of lessons per week depend on chosen university) in Brno for the period of the first academic year , at some universities including final exam of Czech language.
The scholarship is 6000 Czech crown monthly, which is approximately 220EUR for the first study year, to cover basic living costs (if students achieves good study results during the first study year, they obtain scholarship straight from the university in the following years. There is no tuition fee for students attending study programs in Czech language.
The programme also provides free administrative assistance and consultancy – help with university entrance exams procedure and during the first study year in the South Moravian region (diploma recognition, information service, visa, study matters etc.)
Conditions for receiving scholarship:
- Submitting the complete application for scholarship and application for study in the given deadlines.
- Applicants must pass successfully an entrance university exam
- Final choice of scholarship holders makes independent Selection Committee, whose members are the vice-rectors of our partner universities. Selection is done from the group of applicants who have been accepted to the study at the university.
To apply it is necessary to submit on-line scholarship application form.
The application for scholarship for the academic year 2013/2014 can be submitted from 1st December 2012 till 30th January 2013.
- Notary verified copy of your diploma and diploma translation by a certified translator into Czech or English language according to country of origin and a university.
- Diploma transcript (list of the subjects passed during the study) and its translation by a certified translator into Czech or English language according to country of origin and a university.
- A form for diploma recognition (ask the project manager of the program or directly on websites of particular universities.
If an applicant graduates in spring of the same year when the scholarship application is submitted, they upload in the on-line application only confirmation from their home university about expected date of graduation.