Deadline: 1 December, 2012
Open to: International students (EU and non-EU students)
Scholarship: Full stipends are available (covering tuition fees, travel and living expenses)
The University of Leipzig is having open places for candidates who want to take Master course within its consortium. The Master Course ‘Global Studies’ is only through the Global and European Studies Institute of the University of Leipzig.
Applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- A bachelors degree or recognised equivalent from an accredited institution in Social Sciences or Humanities
- A sufficient undergraduate training to do graduate work in chosen field
- Very good academic performance
- Excellent English skills
- Furthermore, it is appreciated if applicants have a basic knowledge of German or/and Polish or/and Danish and/or any other European language
Admission decisions are made by the EMGS Selection Committee upon the following criteria:
- very good/outstanding study results (= academic excellence)
- academic potential and recommendation
- level of language skills
- quality/recognition of home institution having awarded the first degree
- work experience/professional qualifications
Applications arriving by December 1st at the Global Studies office in Leipzig will be automatically taken into consideration for the Erasmus Mundus grant. Therefore please send only one application to apply for the Master’s course in Global Studies and the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
Applications arriving after December 1st cannot be taken into consideration for the Erasmus Mundus grant.
About the scholarship
The EU Commission offers scholarships to selected highly qualified students. This scholarship covers for the complete tuition fees. Category A scholarships include a single travel allowance of € 8,000 and living allowance of € 1,000 per month whereas Category B scholarships include a single travel allowance of € 3,000 and living allowance of € 500 per month. All applications arriving by the deadline (December 1st of each year) at the office in Leipzig are automatically taken into consideration for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
The application for the Master Course ‘Global Studies’ is only through the Global and European Studies Institute of the University of Leipzig. Please send your application to the following address:
Erasmus Mundus European Master in Global Studies
Global and European Studies Institute
Your application needs to include:
- Application form (see below) including your home address, your date and place of birth, your e-mail address, your preferred mobility track (preference since final decision on the study places is made by the consortium)
doc.format || pdf.form
The application form for EU and non-EU students is the same.
- A Curriculum Vitae (you can e.g. use the Europass CV as a template)
- Motivation letter which explains why you are interested in this particular Master course (1-2 pages).
- Proof of nationality (copy of passport)
- Certified copy or original hard copy (AND certified translation if the document is not issued in English/German or French) of high school leaving certificate (secondary school diploma) and of university diploma
- Certified copy or original hard copy (AND certified translation if the document is not issued in English/German or French) of official transcript of study results from your university
- Certified copy or original hard copy of English test results. Applicants whose native language is not English must provide test scores for one of the following standardized English proficiency tests:
- TOEFL (international): minimum score of 550 paper-based (or 213 computer-based or 80 internet-based). Please notice that the code number for the Master’s course in Global Studies is: 4688.
- IELTS: minimum score of 6,5
- CPE: Grades A, B, C (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- CAE: Grades A, B (Certificate in Advanced English)
- Two recommendation letters by academic teachers or employers (in a separate closed envelope, sealed by the persons recommending the candidate or/and on official letterhead) including the reference names and e-mail addresses
- A passport size photo
Please try to avoid the use of plastic/paper files and staples.
All applications are in English and in PAPER.
Applicants from China, Mongolia and Vietnam are requested to send additional documents.
If you should have any questions concerning the application or the Master’s course, please write an e-mail to Ms. Konstanze Loeke: em(at)uni-leipzig.de.
For more detailed information please visit the official website.