Deadline: 31/10/2012 for second semester, 31/1/2013 for third semester and 31/10/2013 for fourth semester
Open to: DOC NOMADS offers short-term scholarships to developing countries scholars to undertake teaching and research activities in the context of the joint programme
Scholarship: It amounts to € 1 200 per week. The minimum scholarship for an individual scholar is € 2 400 for a two-week stay and the maximum scholarship is € 14 400 for a three-month stay
DOC NOMADS offers short-term scholarships to developing countries scholars to undertake teaching and research activities in the context of the joint programme. Scholars interested in an Erasmus Mundus scholarship should apply directly to DOC NOMADS Secretariat and their application will go through a competitive selection process organised by the Academic Board of the consortium.
A scholar, in this context, is defined as a person with outstanding academic and/or professional experience who lectures or conducts documentary film-practice in one of the three higher education institutions of the DOC NOMADS consortium, in Lisbon, in Budapest or in Brussels.
According to Erasmus Mundus regulations DOC NOMADS Scholarships may only be awarded to scholars enrolled in any third-country Higher Education Institution.
EMMC scholars holding an Erasmus Mundus scholarship must:
- commit themselves to actively participate in DOC NOMADS master course activities;
- spend a minimum of two weeks and a maximum of three months in the DOC NOMADS partner institutions;
- perform teaching or student tutoring activities;
- bring concrete added value to the course and students (through teaching of specific classes, leading and participating in seminars or workshops, tutoring students project or conducting film practice etc.);
- contribute, after their visiting scholar activities, to the promotion and dissemination of the Erasmus Mundus Programme in general, and DOC NOMADS in particular, in their Higher Education Institution and country of origin.
According to Erasmus Mundus regulations, the DOC NOMADS consortium may select no more than two of the scholars of the same nationality. No scholar can be awarded a scholarship for more than 3 months and less than 2 weeks. The scholarships are open to scholars from countries who are not part from the 27 EU Member States +EFTA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Switzerland and Western Balkan countries are considered as eligible countries due to Erasmus Mundus action 1.
The scholarship is meant to cover living allowance including travel costs. It amounts to € 1 200 per week. The minimum scholarship for an individual scholar is € 2 400 for a two-week stay and the maximum scholarship is € 14 400 for a three-month stay. A scholar may receive only one scholarship from DOC NOMADS.
In this application round the scholars will be invited to stay
- in Lisbon in the autumn of 2012,
- in Budapest in the spring of 2013,
- in Brussels in the autumn of 2013
- in Lisbon, in Budapest or in Brussels in the spring of 2014.
This is where the students will be staying in the given periods of DOC NOMADS. Please note that incomplete application documentations will not be taken into consideration. Shortlisted candidates may be interviewed by a member of the TEMA Pedagogic Council and must supply hard copies of the required documents.
List of documents required for application:
- Completed e-application form
- CV in English, with list of publications or films (marking your role in the film) including translations and list of taught courses;
- Motivation letter in English – 1 to 2 pages);
- Work project in English, including a detailed description of the applicant’s possible contribution to the DOC NOMADS MASTER COURSE;
- Two samples of publication or films in English, with English subtitles
- Two references;
- Copy of passport, with validity end date
The deadlines for applying are 31/October/2012 for the second semester, 31/January/2013 for the third semester and 31/October/2013 for the fourth semester. More general information and information about submission procedure you can find HERE. Questions can be sent to: email@example.com