Deadline: DAAD in Bonn: 31st August or University: 30th September or 15th October
Open to: interested students from developing countries the list is here
Scholarship: Full covered
DAAD’s program of “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries.” If you would like to apply for the scholarship offered in this context, please note that several special conditions apply. Please read the information provided here very carefully.
We now accept applications from qualified applicants for the 2013/14 intake.
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the DAAD. Please refer to the brochure for “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries.”
We have also put together a short summary of formal eligibility criteria.
DAAD Scholarship Requirements
DISCLAIMER: The following information has been put together with the utmost care; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Please refer to the DAAD scholarship brochure for the latest information. If you would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries”, please make sure that you fulfill the following formal requirements:
- You are 36 years or younger;
- You hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree, completed with above-average results;
- You received your degree no more than six years ago;
- You have at least two years of full-time professional experience;
- For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A2 or B1 are highly recommended.
- Your English test scores meet the requirements, i.e. IELTS band 7.0, or TOEFL ibT 100/ cbT 250/ pbT 600. Institutional TOEFL scores will not be accepted. This requirement does not apply if your native language is English or if you have obtained your university degree from a university or program where the language of instruction is English.
Due to the high volume of applications, we have to apply these criteria very strictly. If you do not fulfill them, you will not be eligible for the DAAD scholarship.
If you do not fulfill these criteria, you will not be considered for the DAAD scholarship.
To apply for this scholarship, please proceed as follows:
- Please refer to the DAAD program brochure 2013/14 and read the information carefully;
- Determine whether you are eligible to apply by DAAD and university standards;
- Apply for admission to the university by using their application system,
- Print the forms and add all required documentation, as per the instructions provided;
- Download and complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form and add the other documents required by the DAAD
- Send your complete application as detailed below.
Please make sure that your file is complete with all the documents indicated above. Otherwise, your application cannot be processed. Your complete file must reach the University by the dates specified below.
If You Have Questions Concerning the DAAD Application Form and Requirements
Section 6, “Duration of planned stay in Germany”: The start and end dates of the academic year 2013/14 have not yet been set. The program will probably start in early October 2013 and will end in mid-September 2014 (date of submission of Master’s Thesis). The exact dates will be announced in due time in our academic calendar.
For any other questions you may have concerning the DAAD Application Form (e.g., “What should I enter in section…?”), or the DAAD requirements (e.g., concerning the documents to be submitted as per the DAAD’s brochure), please contact your nearest DAAD office.
As a first step, all complete applications will be screened and processed for admission. All candidates will be informed by the University whether or not they have been admitted to our LL.M. program.
From the list of admitted candidates, the University will then put together a shortlist of candidates for the DAAD scholarship. Once this list has been confirmed by the DAAD, all shortlisted applicants must undergo a telephone interview.
The final decision about allocating the scholarship rests with the DAAD. The successful applicant(s) will be informed by the DAAD directly. All unsuccessful applicants will receive communication from the University.
You should learn about the outcome of your application by late February of the new year. In the meantime, please refrain from contacting us or the DAAD to ask for status updates.
Dates and Deadlines
Scholarship applicants from developing countries (on the DAC List of the OECD) can apply at the German embassy or DAAD regional office, directly at the DAAD in Bonn or directly to the university.
The general closing dates for applications are as follows:
- German Embassy/DAAD Regional Office: 31st July
- DAAD in Bonn: 31st August
- University: 30th September or 15th October
Applicants should be sure to check information regarding application closing dates directly with the individual universities because they may vary from the general deadlines listed above. The selection process generally takes place at the universities in the period from November to February. Scholarships are usually awarded for the following winter semester.
More details on DAAD web