Deadline: 25 August, 2012
Open to: participants from Albania, Bulgaria, Italy, Kosovo, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Serbia, Spain
Venue:23-29 September 2012/ Ada Huja, Belgrade, Serbia
In a moment where the political leaders have failed several times to reach an international agreement concerning global environmental challenges and climate change the role of youth participation and civil society organisations play in ensuring sustainability of our planet is more important than ever. As organisations that actively promote the international/regional mobility of young people, the partners in this project recognise the need to standardise the introduction in all stages of our projects (planning, implementation and follow up), mechanisms to reduce the environmental impact of our activities. This means on all aspects including travel & transportation, urban mobility, use of resources such as paper, water, electricity and consumption of the food, etc.
This is a training course that aims to explore how to measure overall environmental impact and carbon Footprint of activities and organizations and to discover concrete methods and tools to contribute to sustainability in projects.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING COURSE:
The TC for youth leaders who organise and implement youth projects will raise awareness and mobilise them to work together on common strategies and approaches to reduce the environmental impact of youth activities and therefore increase in the consciousness on this matters. The main objectives are to:
• increase participants’ knowledge and awareness about environmental impact of different aspects of international/local youth projects, develop competences in calculating carbon footprints and how to reduce carbon footprints
• develop the quality criteria in youth projects related to environmental impact.
• explore all different aspects of our impact such as travel (with special accent on urban transportation and ecological means of transport), local food consumption, waste, etc.
• work on the inclusion, promotion and dissemination of the results of the project within partner organisations’ future activities.
• explore the creative project management when addressing environmental challenges and climate change issues.
This training course involving 24 youth leaders from 8 countries, and 8 partner organisations will introduce participants to the concept of Carbon Footprints and how to calculate the Footprint of an activity or action based on the carbon emissions it produces and give ideas and best practices example of how organisations can introduce carbon offsetting into the “budgets” of the activities. This Training course is for 24 participants from Albania, Bulgaria, Italy, Kosovo, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Serbia and Spain.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANT
Priority will be given to those that most closely meet these criteria:
• Youth leaders, youth workers, volunteers very motivated to act in their sending organisation
• Are over 18 years old
• Have an interest in the topic
• Willing to learn & motivated to share experience with others after the event
• Are able to work in English
• Are committed to attend for the full duration of the training
• Are nominated by their youth organisation
• Ready to put in practice the learning outcomes in local level after the event!
• Gender balance, group diversity in terms of different social and cultural backgrounds will be taken into consideration.
The training will take place in Ada Huja, Belgrade, Serbia, from 23-29 September 2012. All costs related to accommodation, and 70% of travel costs (cheapest way) from the resident country is covered. 100% of visa costs will be reimbursed. There is a participation fee is 20 € in order to support the overall budget of the event.
DOCUMENTS FOR REIMBURSEMENT: participants are obliged to have receipts of the ticket, boarding pass and invoices of credit card that was used for buying the tickets for online payments. All participants will be refunded after the event.