Deadline: 19 October, 2012
Open to: eligible researchers coming from Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Russia and Croatia
Fellowship: Go8 European Fellows receive up to AUD20,000 to support travel and living costs to work at a Go8 member university for up to six months.
The Group of Eight offers eight annual fellowships to early career researchers in Europe to work in Go8 universities for up to six months. Each Fellowship is worth up to AUD 20,000. The Fellowships are open to eligible researchers in Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Russia and Croatia. The Go8 European Fellowship scheme recognises the importance of international contacts for early career researchers. It is envisaged that Fellows will continue to collaborate with Australian research partners when they return to their home institutions.
The Group of Eight (Go8) Australian universities offer eight fellowships to early career researchers in Europe each year. It is envisaged that Fellows will continue to collaborate with Australian research partners when they return to their home institutions.The Go8 is a coalition of leading Australian universities.
Member universities are:
The University of Western Australia,
The University of Adelaide,
The University of Sydney,
The University of Queensland,
The University of New South Wales,
The University of Melbourne ,
The Australian National University.
You are eligible to apply to be a Fellow if you:
- have completed a PhD less than five years prior to application for the Fellowship;
- are under 40 years of age at the time of application;
- are a citizen of one of the designated countries listed above;
- reside in one of the designated countries listed above (it need not be the same country as your citizenship);
- have been employed (minimum half-time appointment) for at least six months prior to application by a university or research organisation (public or private) in one of the designated countries;
- have sufficient competency in English to be able to adequately communicate with researchers in their host university;
- are eligible to obtain an Australian Visiting Academic Visa (subclass 419) or equivalent Australian visa.
Applications for 2013 Fellowships are now open. The application pack is available here.
1. Please read the application pack including the Terms and Conditions on page 3 to determine if you are eligible to apply.
2. You will need a prospective academic supervisor at a Go8 university to support and submit your application on your behalf. If you do not already have research contacts at a Go8 university, you will need to ascertain which Go8 universities have strengths in your particular research discipline/s and then contact a relevant academic to request his/her support. For assistance in your search please see www.akg.edu.au.
3. Complete the application form provided in this application pack including a brief research proposal on page 5.
4. Ask a person who knows your academic work to complete the referee report included in the application pack at pages 6 and 7.
5. Attach your curriculum vitae (CV)—maximum five pages.
6. Send your application pack (including the referee report) and CV by email to your prospective academic supervisor who will complete the letter of support and submit the application to the host university.
You can also check the European Fellowships brochure for more information. For information on how to apply for a visiting academic visa please click here. Information about Go8 European Fellowship alumni 2007-2012 is available.
For futher information, please contact: Martin Grabert, Director, International & Business Relations, Group of Eight, Ph: +61 2 6239 5488, [email protected]