Deadline: 30 October, 2012
Open to: Scholars from Central and East European countries willing to conduct research at Polish scientific institutions
Fellowships: Fellows will receive a total grant which will cover their monthly salary plus the costs of accommodation. In exceptional cases a part of travel costs may be covered.
Research Fellowships for foreign scholars
These fellowships for foreign scholars, mainly from Central and East European countries, willing to conduct research at Polish scientific institutions, are awarded on a basis of an agreement executed in 1993 between the Foundation and the Józef Mianowski Fund. The fellowships, sponsored by the Foundation for Polish Science, are granted on a competitive basis.
The scholarship grants can cover periods of time ranging from one to twelve months. The total grant will be approximately equivalent to an average monthly salary offered to a person holding a corresponding post in Poland plus the costs of accommodation at a level not exceeding that of an academic hostel. In exceptional cases a part of travel costs may also be covered by the Fund.
As the above research is to be conducted in Polish institutions it is required that candidates contact the relevant institutions prior to application.
Excerpts from regulations regarding scholarships granted by Mianowski fund
- Scholarship grants from MIANOWSKI FUND are offered to researchers from abroad, in particular to those from Central and East European countries, priority being given to persons employed in academic institutions of the candidate’s home country and holding a degree.
- Scholarships are granted for carrying out research projects, proposals for which are subject to approval by the trustees of the Fund.
- The scientific institution in Poland wishing to accept a candidate will appoint for him/her a tutor.
- Each application for a scholarship is subject to approval by a person appointed by MIANOWSKI FUND.
- Scholarship grants are being paid in advance for each month to the person concerned either at the Fund’s Office or, if so previously agreed, at the host institution.
- On completion of his/her research, the scholar is required to present to the Fund a written report covering the results of research or a summary of intended publication. Such publication should include an acknowledgement indicating the assistance of MIANOWSKI FUND and a particular sponsor.
As already mentioned, eligible are the countries of Central and East Europe: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro and Macedonia.
How to Apply
Applicants need to provide the following documents:
- Personal questionnaire
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications in the last five years
- Information about candidate’s knowledge of foreign languages
- Characteristics of intended research project
- Letter of recommendation from an institution or organization wishing to receive the candidate
- Letters of recommendation from two persons of renown scientific/academic authority
- Information about any other sources of financial support during the candidate’s stay in Poland.
It is desirable that the documents named above are written in Polish. They may also be presented in Russian or English.
The deadline for delivery of applications is October 30.
Decisions as to results are available to those concerned since December 15.
Applications should be send to the following address:
KASA IM. JÓZEFA MIANOWSKIEGO-FUNDACJA POPIERANIA NAUKI
ul. Nowy Świat 72, pok. 109 A
For detailed information please contact the Józef Mianowski Fund (Kasa im. Józefa Mianowskiego – the address as above),
Pałac Staszica, pokój 109
ul. Nowy Świat 72,
tel.(22) 826 7174,
e-mail: [email protected]