Deadline: 30 September 2012
Open to: Young and emerging visual artists, performing artists and critics worldwide
Reimbursement: The artists residency will provide the selected artists with full lodging and food, work space, local transportation and a small material stipend.
Venue: 20th December 2012 to 2ndJanuary 2013 [14-days] , village Jetpur, Pali, Rajasthan (INDIA)
“Sowing Seeds” is a project that intends to create dialogues and exchanges amongst artists beyond their national identity and serves as an opportunity for rural artists to meet, share and exchange ideas, visions, and diverse views in order to create a deeper understanding of art. It acts as a social environment developing and improving the artistic impressions of experts as well as emerging artists. As an alternative art space in INDIA, “Sowing Seeds” is geared to exchange the challenges required to organize such a contemporary artist village residency within rural areas and thus giving rise to a new era in art.
The key to our Artist residency projects will be creating local community collaboration to create works related to environment and social development in the village Jetpur, Pali, Rajasthan (INDIA)
The artist residency will bring together 15 international artists practicing in a wide variety of media, collaboration, outdoor sculpture, documentation, or performing to bring benefit to a specific site and share ideas and methods for a period of 14 days in the village of Pali, Rajasthan (INDIA).
The artists residency will provide the selected artists with full lodging and food, work space, local transportation and a small material stipend.
- Young and emerging visual artists, performing artists and critics – Artists who are able to stay at village Jetpur for the designated period of time
- Artists who are able to produce results of his or her residence activities, e.g. exhibitions, performances, concerts or presentations
- Artists who are able to communicate and collaborate with local people and participate in the exchange program,
* Applicants should fill in all the required fields in the application form
* Organizers will accept applications via e-mail
* Submitted information is only used for selection and not for any other purpose.
* Applications will not be accepted if there is any deficiency or if required information is missing.
Applications & inquiries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org