Deadline: 30 September, 2012
Open to: Candidates who have a Ph.D. or be a PhD candidate with at least three years of professional experience in research; who are familiar with international and specifically Mediterranean issues; and with excellent English skills and proficiency in Italian
Remuneration: Annual salary offered is € 27,000, gross of tax and social security provided by law
The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome, (Italy), is seeking to hire a Researcher responsible for research, reporting and outreach on European affairs, with a particular focus on European integration, EU institutions and member state politics. Expertise on European foreign policy would also be valued.
The researcher will specifically work on two projects:
- “RegioConf” (duration January 2013-December 2014) on the EU’s approach to regional conflicts through regional integration
- “The Future of Europe” (duration November 2012 – November 2013) on the political implications of the Eurozone crisis.
- Researching and writing research papers, policy briefs and op-eds
- Editing papers for publication
- Organizing seminars and conferences, and writing reports based on these events
- Coordinating international research teams and projects
- Presenting and participating in conferences, briefings and lectures
- Updating the IAI website regarding the projects on which the researcher will work.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a Ph.D. or be a PhD candidate with at least three years of professional experience in research
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Fluency or proficiency in Italian
- Familiarity and experience with both the academic literature and policy debate on international, and specifically Mediterranean issues
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
Annual salary offered is € 27,000, gross of tax and social security provided by law. The successful candidate will be offered a project-based contract lasting one year, starting from November 1, 2012.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to: Placement(at)iai.it (RE: Job alert). Potential applicants are asked to not make phone calls.
Application are due by 30 September, 2012.