Deadline: 21 September, 2012
Open to: NGOs, governments, regulators, businesses, enterprises, local financial institutions and others to submit project proposals that facilitate the upscaling of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies at national and international levels.
Grant: REEEP will support approximately 30 projects with €4.1 million in total REEEP funds
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) has announced a call for proposals under its 9th programme cycle to provide support of €4.1 million in total as funding to up to 30 projects that—through a range of interventions—will accelerate the deployment of renewable energy and/or energy efficiency technologies. The project call has been made possible by the contributions of the Governments of Norway, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
REEEP 9th Call in Overview
- Will support approximately 30 projects with €4.1 million in total REEEP funds
- The maximum level of REEEP funding available per project is €150,000; co-funding is strongly encouraged
- Five thematic topics: scaling up successful business models; supporting off-grid generation; harnessing clean energy in food production; employing clean energy in providing a reliable water supply; opening up energy data in emerging markets
- More specific topics have also been defined by region – see the Call for Proposals document
- Primary priority countries: Brazil, Colombia, China, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Peru, South Africa and Vietnam – secondary priority countries also considered; see full list in the Call for Proposals document
- Online application process via Project Management Information System (PMIS)
- Initial proposals for new projects due by 21st September 2012
- Shortlist inviting full proposals will be published on 11 October 2012
- Final, full proposals due by 9th November 2012
- Proposals for replication and scale-up of earlier projects as well as proposals from governments, regulators and development financial institutions follow a one-stage process, with full proposals due by 9th November 2012
The application process itself begins HERE. You are strongly advised for reading the following documents before starting:
- the Call for Proposals, which gives an overview of all aspects of the call in one handy pdf document
- the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document with the most common technical and application-related queries
- REEEP Strategy 2012-2015, which gives an overview of where the Partnership is heading over the next several years
For more information please visit the official website.