Deadline: 31 October 2012, 16.00 CET
Open to: University students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists
Scholarship: 280€ – 1000€
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic. The programme is intended to support mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers and researchers to stay at Slovak universities and Slovak research organizations.
The following individuals can apply for a scholarship in the framework of the National Scholarship Programme:
- university students whose second level of higher education is taking place at a foreign university and who are invited by a public, private or state university in the Slovak Republic to an academic mobility for a purpose of study in the Slovak Republic (scholarship period 1 to 2 semesters)
- PhD students whose higher education or research preparation is taking place at a foreign university or research organisation and who are invited by a public, private or state university or research organisation eligible to carry out PhD study programmes in the Slovak Republic to an academic mobility for a purpose of study or research in the Slovak Republic ( scholarship period 1 to 12 months)
- university teachers from foreign universities who are invited by a public, private or state university in the Slovak Republic to a lecture / research / artistic stay in the Slovak Republic (scholarship period 1 to 12 months)
- researchers or artists who are invited by a public, private or state university, research organisation eligible to carry out PhD study programmes or non-governmental organisation in the Slovak Republic to a lecture / research / artistic stay in the Slovak Republic (scholarship period 1 to 12 months)
Citizens of the following countries can apply for a scholarship:
a) the Member States of the European Union;
b) other countries participating in the Bologna Process (listed are only non-EU Member States ) – Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Georgia, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Russian Federation, Serbia (including Kosovo), Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine;
d)Canada, Mexico, USA, countries of Latin and Central America;
e) Australia, China (including Taiwan), Egypt, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam.
Individuals with permanent residence in the Slovak Republic can not apply for a scholarship in the framework of the National Scholarship Programme for the support of mobility for applicants from abroad.
The scholarship shall cover scholarship holders living costs (accommodation, boarding, etc.) during his/her study, research, lecture or artistic stay at Slovak universities, research or non-governmental organisations. Scholarship holders can ask their host institution in Slovakia to assist them to arrange their accommodation and necessary documents regarding their scholarship stay in Slovakia, or they have to arrange them by themselves. The National Scholarship Programme does not cover any travel costs to and from Slovakia.
Amount of a monthly scholarship
a) university student: 280 EUR
b) PhD student: 470 EUR
c) young university teacher / researcher or artist: (= without PhD degree (or its equivalent) with less than 4 years of experience) – 670 EUR
d) experienced university teacher / researcher or artist:
- with PhD degree (or its equivalent) or more than 4 years of experience – 850 EUR
- with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and with more than 10 years of experience – 1000 EUR
Scholarship application forms are submitted on-line here. In order to submit the on-line application, it is necessary to fill out the on-line application form (in Slovak, English, French, Spanish or Russian version), attach all required documents in requested formats and press the “submit” button. Original hard copies of documents marked with asterisk (*) shall be delivered to SAIA, Bratislava before the deadline at the following address: SAIA, n. o., │Námestie slobody 23 │ 812 20 Bratislava 1 │ Slovakia.
Original hard copy of an Admission or Invitation Letter from a Slovak university or research organisation can be sent by the host institution in Slovakia directly to SAIA, Bratislava.
List of required documents that shall be attached to the on-line application form by foreign university students and PhD students applying for a study/research stay (category of eligible applicants A and B):
- structured Curriculum Vitae,
- motivation letter,
- detailed study programme in case of students (including date of arrival and period of stay),
- detailed research programme in case of PhD students (including date of arrival, period of stay and detailed programme time schedule),
- two recommendation letters provided by applicant’s university teachers in case of students, one recommendation letter provided by applicant’s supervisor in case of PhD Students,
- confirmation letter from a sending university certifying that applicant is a full-time student enrolled in min. 6th semester, in case of a PhD student a confirmation certifying enrolment in a PhD study,
- copy of a Bachelor’s diploma or Master’s diploma and a certificate of a state exam (if any),
- PhD Students – list of publications,
- admission or invitation letter from a host university or research organisation in Slovakia proclaiming commitment that applicant will be enrolled in a study or research programme (incl. exact period of stay). The admission or invitation letter must be printed on official letterhead paper of the host institution, including a signature of the person in charge and a stamp.
List of required documents that must be attached to the on-line application form by foreign university teachers, researchers or artists (category of eligible applicants C and D):
- structured Curriculum Vitae,
- detailed teaching and/or research programme (including date of arrival, period of stay and detailed programme time schedule),
- copy of a diploma with highest degree achieved,
- list of publications,
- invitation letter from a host university or research organization in Slovakia (incl. period of stay). The invitation letter must be printed on official letterhead paper of the host institution, including a signature of person in charge and a stamp.
30 April by 16:00 CET – scholarship stays for the next academic year
31 October by16:00 CET – scholarship stays for the summer semester of the running academic year
Detailed information and conditions of scholarship can be found at the official website.