Deadline: 30 September, 2012
Open to: graduates and postgraduates with very good knowledge of English or French
Salary: 686 Euros per month
The ECML is a Council of Europe institution based in Graz, Austria. In cooperation with the Language Policy Division of the Council the Centre functions as a catalyst for reform in the teaching and learning of languages. Within a networking structure, comprised of leading specialists of the expert community, the ECML operates 4-year programmes focusing on key educational issues requiring action.
The ECML has offered traineeships since 1997. Recruiting young professionals from all over Europe to join its team for a short period both reinforces the Centre’s role as a place of international cooperation and promotes an atmosphere of intercultural learning.
Areas of Traineeships:
The ECML offers traineeships, lasting in general 6 months, twice a year. According to their field of interest applicants can choose the main area in which they would like to be involved:
1. Organisation of events and meetings – Programme of traineeship involves mainly:
- liaising with the coordinators to fix practical details;
- contacting the workshop participants and sending them all kind of documents (practical like hotel and travel documents, invitation letters, etc, but also sometimes serving as a relay between the teams and the participants). It means preparing the documents, formatting them, mailing and filing them;
- assisting the teams and participants during workshops and meetings so that everything runs smoothly.
2. Documentation and resources – Trainees at the DRC work 6 months together with the ECML’s two documentalists. They participate in daily activities linked to information and documentation.
3. The Centre’s website – The trainee will assist the webmaster in his daily work and will participate in the development of the web site of the ECML being responsible for the follow-up of tasks and for checking on the accuracy and on the updating of information. This area of work will allow the trainee to participate in the continuous development of the various sites.
4. Finances and general administration – Main tasks include:
– assistance in the further development of a relational ‘Projects’ database (linked to the existing mailing database);
– assistance in the implementation of Windream (Document Management Software), in particular development of a training guide ;
– processing of financial documentation;
– photocopying/scanning, classification according to budgetary article, registration of mailings, preparation of mailing to Strasbourg;
– corrections to the ECML mailing database (correcting/inputting of already existing information;
– entering of bank details into ECML database;
– preparation of workshop documentation relating to prepaid tickets, hotel reservation forms;
– preparation of reimbursement forms and assistance in registration of participants prior to workshops, network or expert meetings.
- Trainees will receive an allowance from the Centre of approximately 686 Euros per month
- A contribution of a maximum 230 Euros is made towards travel costs from the trainee’ s home country to Graz
In order to apply for the traineeship, you should use the attached application form.
Applicants should describe their language skills in accordance to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
The trainees selected receive a formal letter of acceptance from the ECML informing them of the duration and the conditions of the traineeship. For nationalities requiring a visa to enter Austria this letter should also be sufficient to meet these requirements. If any problems do occur with the issuing of a visa the ECML can intervene on behalf of the trainee directly with the respective Austrian Embassy.
There are 2 deadlines:
– 30 September for the period January to June of the following year
– 31 March for the period July to December and September to February for Administration trainees only