Deadline: 24th September 2012
Open to: Candidates with university degree in computer science, preferably professional certification or post-graduate courses in the same field. Fluency in English language is a must.
Remuneration: The selected candidate will receive the initial contract for the period of 3 months at Inovations Lab, Prishtina. The possibility of extension of the contract is included.
Under direct supervision of Youth Advocacy Platform (YAP) Coordinator and in close collaboration with Al Jazeera Media Network, the successful applicant will develop an interactive, crowd-sourced platform for hosting and/or translating open source educational social media tools, actively engaging young people in the process of translating existing content available in their own languages.
1. Completion of university degree in relevant field (i.e. computer science), preferably professional certification or post-graduate courses in the same field.
2. Fluency in English and local working languages of the duty station.
2. Work experience in designing web interfaces with HTML and CSS.
3. Work experience in the UN structures or other international development organization is an advantage.
1. Core Values: Commitment, Diversity, Inclusion and Integrity
2. Core Competencies: Communication, Working with People, and Drive for Results
3. Functional Competencies: Following instructions and procedures, Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise and Planning and Organizing
- Creation and launch of an interactive, crowd-sourced online platform (Multimedia Translation Platform) that enables citizens to upload, translate, peer review and share instructive video and audio content.
- Collaboration with Al Jazeera Media Network on including citizen journalism content on the platform.
- Assistance with the successful implementation of the YAP and Al Jazeera Balkans Citizen Journalism
Training Pilot Project
Contract type and duration
– Selected candidate will be contracted under the Special Service Agreement.
– Initial contract covers the period of 3 months with the possibility of extension.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and P11 form by email to: Blerim Kroci – [email protected] or in a closed envelope to: UNICEF Kosovo, Ali Pashe Tepelena #1, Prishtina.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified females and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.