Deadline: 5 October 2012
Open to: Candidates with advanced university degree in the fields of information technology and management, communication, journalism or other related discipline.
Remuneration: $ 73 226
Developed by an independent team and published by UNESCO, the Education for All Global Monitoring Report is an authoritative reference that aims to inform, influence and sustain genuine commitment towards Education for All. The annual Education for All Global Monitoring Report is the world’s foremost publication on education. It monitors progress towards the Education for All goals agreed at the World Education Forum in Dakar (Senegal) in 2000, identifies promising education policies, and analyzes a major theme.
The successful incumbent will develop and implement the GMR’s web and social media strategy, both in the technical production of the website and social media products, and in developing content to promote messages of the Report to policy makers and wider audiences.
Under the authority of the Director of the EFA Global Monitoring Report, he/she will:
• Prepare and update content visualization and production of the website, including new web and multimedia projects and draft of web pages and blogs.
• Contribute to conceiving and running creative social media campaigns.
• Promote the GMR’s presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other similar community sites.
• Contribute to identifying and reaching out to new audiences through the website and social media to expand the readership of the Report, its related outreach material and digital and audiovisual products.
• Monitor benchmarks for measuring the impact of web and social media. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of the use of the web and social media, including campaigns.
• Keep up‐to‐date with trends in social media tools, technologies and applications.
• Work in collaboration with UNESCO’s internal web and social media services to keep up‐to‐date with developments and improve outreach of the GMR.
• Advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in the fields of information technology and management, communication, journalism or other related discipline.
• 2 to 4 years of work experience in web and social media. Additional experience in the preparation of social media campaign would be an advantage. At least 1 year at international level is preferable.
• Advanced knowledge of social media and internet, including Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and web analytic technologies, is required.
• Excellent writing and editorial skills.
• Knowledge of the Education for All movement.
• Ability to maintain effective working relations within a multi‐cultural environment and to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to keep deadlines and work under pressure.
Excellent knowledge of English
UNESCO’s salaries are calculated in US dollars and exempt from income tax. They consist of a basic salary and a post adjustment which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station and exchange rates. Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, home travel, education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
How to apply
To apply please send your application letter and CV (in UNESCO’s format) with résumé to Ms Martina Simeti, Education Sector, UNESCO, 7 place de Fontenoy, 75352 Paris 07-SP, France, or by email to [email protected]
For further information please visit the official website.