Deadline: 16 November 2012
Open to: non-Korean citizens
Scholarship: full tuition plus a living allowance of KRW 400,000 for 2 years.
The University of Seoul is offering full tuition scholarships for graduate and PhD studies in the natural sciences and science and engineering, including civil engineering, architecture, physics, transportation engineering and more.
The scholarship includes the following benefits:
- full tuition scholarship for 2 years (4 regular semesters)
- Living Allowance: KRW 400,000/month for 2 years (4 regular semesters)
- Full-tuition University of Seoul Scholarship for Korean language courses offered by KLCP for the first regular semesters (20 weeks). Students should pay for the tuition for Korean Language Courses after the second semester.
Applicants ought to meet all of the subsequent requirements:
- International candidates for University of Seoul scholarship are outlined as those that are non-Korean voters and whose parents are each non-Korean voters.
- The scholarship recipients’ GPA should be over B+. GPA 3.5 or higher than on a scale of four.5 (85 or higher than on a one hundred scale)
- Recommendation Letter by the dean or the director of the every department
- One of the subsequent English proficiency scores : TOEIC 700, TOEFL IBT eighty two, TOEFL CBT 217, TOEFL PBT 553, IELTS6.0, TEPS 572
The following documents much be be sent by postal mail or delivered in person to the University of Seoul:
- A picture of yourself in front of a white background (3X4cm) – Please write your name and major on the back of your picture.
- Registration Card connected to the color picture with white background (3X4cm) (AVAILABLE HERE)
- Application form (AVAILABLE HERE)
- Personal Statement (AVAILABLE HERE)
- Study plan (AVAILABLE HERE)
- Letter of recommendation by Dean of departments. University of Seoul scholarship candidates should submit a sealed and signed envelope containing a letter of recommendation
- Official transcripts and also the certificates of (prospective) diplomas from the school(s) the candidates attended.
- Certificate of TOPIK score (original copy), if available
- Certificate of English language proficiency score (original copy)
- Copy of the applicant’s Alien Registration Card (if applicable)
- Awards, if applicable (one or two)
- A copy of applicant’s passport
- Certificate of citizenship of parents of applicant : birth certificate, passport
All documents should be the ORIGINALS. If University of Seoul scholarship candidates submit copies of the originals, they must be confirmed with the originals by the secretary. All documents that ar in language apart from English or Korean should be in the course of a notarized Korean or English translation.
The application deadline for spring semester 2013 is 16 November 2012.
Find the University of Seoul Scholarship Program Guidelines for International Students HERE.
Find the original website HERE.