Deadline: 20 November 2012
Open to: Authors (includes artists, curators, writers, thinkers etc…) of any nationality, regardless of age
Grant size: €10,000
Cda-Projects Grant is offering a 10,000 Euro grant to support the production of an artistic research project. The grant aims at supporting and opening up discussions on artistic research to an expanded network through an international open call. It encourages speculative approaches to how discourse is staged and how knowledge is produced, rethought and interwoven across disciplines. Without any limitations on the content, the proposed inquiries are expected to suggest new forms and methodologies by reflecting on contexts and conditions of the knowledge produced.
Cda-Projects Grant will also support a publication after the completion of the project that brings together discussions on the artistic research undertaken, including the questions raised, speculative analysis and the final outcome. The publication will be prepared by Cda-Projects Grant in cooperation with the grant recipient.
Project selection will be made after assessing the proposals considering the following criteria:
- Ability to speculate on what knowledge is and suggest new forms of knowledge production.
- Ability to articulate an innovative methodology and form in relation to the content.
- Project feasibility according to the complementary documents provided, as well as the documentation for the proposed project.
- A dynamic working methodology which considers artistic practice from multiple viewpoints including theoretical, conceptual, aesthetic and beyond.
- A willingness to take risks and try completely new and unfamiliar working methodologies.
- 10,000 Euros will be paid in three installments. The first payment of 3,000 Euros will be made in January 2013. The grantee is obliged to provide a progress report on 30 March, 2013. If the report demonstrates adequate development of the project, second installment of the payment will be made as 3,000 Euros. The final payment of 4,000 Euros will be made, when the project is completed and submitted.
- The grantee is responsible for producing the outcome of the artistic research project that is outlined in the proposal.
- All the material produced with the grant remains the property of the author(s).
- The grantee is responsible for providing Cda-Projects Grant with material and content that was produced during the research process for a publication to be produced by Cda-Projects Grant in cooperation with the grantee.
- To develop the project between January 1st – June 30th 2013. If not, they shall decline the grant and refund the amount received.
- To own the intellectual property rights to the project and guarantee that the work is unpublished and original. If not, they shall decline the grant, refund the amount received and pay an atonement.
- Participation in this grant means full acceptance of the rules regulating it. Failure to comply with any of the obligations contained herein or in the grant award shall result in its immediate cancellation, irrespective of any responsibility that may be incurred.
Authors (includes artists, curators, writers, thinkers etc…) of any nationality, regardless of age, can propose projects to be carried out individually or collectively.
Applicants can submit an artistic research project that is currently in the production stage or one that is scheduled to be completed during the six‐month period following the date of selection.
How to Apply
All the submitted documents should be in English and in PDF format. Applications that are not sent in the specified format will not be considered.
- Project proposal and documentation (Maximum 500 words explaining your artistic research project, motivations of the research to be carried and the expected outcome. Up to 4 images can be included as documentation.)
- Curriculum Vitae (Include e-mail and mailing address.)
- Portfolio consisting of three completed research based projects.
- Time-based media should be submitted in low-resolution format via upload and the link should be provided within the portfolio (Not larger than 350MB.) If the resolution is important, you can send a DVD with excerpts up to 30 minutes to the address below:
İstiklal Cad. Mısır Apt. No:163 K.2 D.5
Beyoğlu / İstanbul 34433 Turkey
Deadline for applications: November 20, 2012
Announcement of the results: January 10, 2013
Completion of the project: July 30, 2013
Book launch: December 31, 2013
For more information, see the ORIGINAL WEBSITE HERE.