Deadline: 4 November, 2012
Open to: journalists from 22 Arab countries, with an excellent command of the Arabic language
Venue: The Doha Centre for Media Freedom, Doha, Qatar, 16 – 21 December, 2012
The Doha Centre for Media Freedom (DCMF) invites Arab journalists working for different media outlets (print, radio, TV, & online) to participate in the 5-day workshop “Train the Trainers” in Doha from 16 to 20 December 2012.
Experienced journalists wishing to become media trainers must acquire knowledge in designing relevant curricula and adopt up-to-date teaching techniques within the context of a fast-changing media industry. Regardless of their competency and experience, many journalists lack skills in imparting knowledge and know-how to others through formal training.
The goal of the workshop is to empower future media trainers to acquire new knowledge and skills in the design, delivery and evaluation of core competency media development programmes.
Upon completing the workshop, the participants should be able to:
- Design and develop courses that address current training needs of journalists.
- Devise different methods of training delivery.
- Apply theories and practical approaches to ensure effective training.
- Evaluate the efficiency of training courses.
- Be a national of one of the 22 Arab countries.
- Have at least ten years working experience in the media, preferably with editorial responsibilities
- Possess an excellent command of the Arabic language. Proficiency in English is a plus.
DCMF will cover all travel and accommodation expenses
Each participant will receive a daily allowance for the period of the training (including 2 travel days)
Applicants should send the following documents with the email subject (YOUR FULL NAME-DCMF-TOT) to [email protected]
- Copy of a recent piece work, published or broadcast within the last 6 months. URL links are accepted.
- A motivation letter of up to 200 words stating the reason for applying for the ToT.
- Proof of working experience issued by your current employer(s).
- Copy of your passport (valid for at least 6 months after December 2012).
The deadline for applications is 4 November 2012.
You can check details on the official website