Deadline: 26 October 2012
Open to: Highly motivated applicants with strong experience in project management and interest in human rights
Remuneration: Salary is based on qualifications, subject to the salary scale of EIUC
The mission of the European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) is to foster a community of scholars, researchers and professionals to promote democracy and the implementation of human rights worldwide. As centre of excellence EIUC advances innovative programmes and projects that contribute to policy formation in Europe and assistance to neighbouring countries, democracy and good governance, promotion of the rule of law, and overseas development cooperation.
In this framework, EIUC has received a grant from the European Commission to manage the Global Campus of Master’s programmes and diplomas in human rights and democratisation (“Global Campus”) which is an essential element of EIUC’s Human Rights Village Vision and which is intended to strengthen and merge the experience of the European Master’s Degree on Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC’s core educational programme) with those of the Master’s Programmes on Human Rights and Democratisation developed in Africa, in the Asia-Pacific region, in South East Europe, in Latin America and the Caribbean and in the Caucasus.
Based in its worldwide composition, the main aim of the Global Campus is to educate a new generation of human rights professionals in a global and integrated framework of universities on all continents. Through the unique experience of the Global Campus the students will be able to meet global challenges by finding solutions which are informed by universal values and standards, European human rights policies and regional approaches to human rights, and aimed at strengthening the resilience of democracies and democratic movements in all continents.
The primary task of the EIUC-Global Campus Senior Project Manager is to be responsible for the direct management of the EIUC Global Campus integration activities. The work shall be performed under the supervision of the Global Campus President and EIUC Secretary General and includes the coordination and development of the activities jointly designed by the Global Campus members.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Direct management of the Global Campus activities
- Identification and development of new activities in the framework of the Global Campus
- Implementation of the decisions taken by the Global Campus Council and on-going liaising with the decision making bodies of EIUC-Global Campus
- Ensuring coherence of the activities performed by the Respective Master’s programmes which are part of the Global Campus
- Coordination and supervision of the Global Campus Unit (staff)
- Sound experience in project managing (minimum three years of work experience)
- Strong networking skills in an international environment
- Good knowledge of the academic world
- Knowledge of the EU rules and regulations for grants and service contracts
- Mobility / availability to travel to different countries in and outside Europe
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (knowledge of a second EU language would be an asset)
- Flexible contract (8-month – renewable on a yearly basis)
- Salary based on qualifications, subject to the salary scale of EIUC
- Obligation of performing the work at the EIUC seat / residence in Venice
The successful applicant shall start to work as soon as possible starting from beginning/mid November 2012.
Application and selection procedure
Please send a cover letter, together with your CV with full contact details to the attention of the EIUC Secretary General [email protected] and in copy to the EIUC Secretariat [email protected] The deadline of submission is 26 October 2012.
Only qualified applicants shall be considered for shortlisting. Shortlisted candidates shall be notified by e-mail by the end of October/beginning of November 2012 for an interview. The decision shall be made as soon as possible after the interview.
For more information about the European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation, please visit the official website.