Deadline: 3 December, 2012
Open to: museums and art institutions located outside of Japan
Grant: covers packing and transportation of exhibits, catalogue production, traveling costs for dispatched or invited artists and specialists, such as air fares, train fares and accommodation fees
The Japan Foundation was established in 1972 by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs to promote international cultural exchange between Japan and the rest of the world, and provide financial support for a range of international cultural exchange programmes.
Exhibitions Abroad Support Program is designed to provide financial assistance for overseas museums and art institutions to help them organize exhibitions introducing Japanese art and culture to audiences overseas, in order to deepen the understanding of Japanese art and culture.
- The program is open to museums and art institutions located outside of Japan
- Applications from individuals cannot be accepted
- If the exhibition tours to more than one venue, the host institutions should consolidate the grant requests and only one application should be submitted for the whole project. The Japan Foundation will not accept multiple applications for one project.
Eligible projects are exhibitions that:
1. introduce Japanese art and culture that are planned and executed by foreign museums or art institutions, and shown in the applicants’ countries; or
2. introduce Japanese artists and works in the framework of international art exhibitions such as biennials and triennials; or
3. are created through artist-in-residence programs and promote the exchange among local citizens, artists, curators, and researchers.
1. packing and shipping costs (excluding insurance costs);
2. catalogue production costs;
3. traveling costs for dispatched or invited artists and specialists, such as air fares, train fares and accommodation fees
How to apply?
- Completed applications must be submitted to the Japan Foundation overseas offices or Japanese diplomatic missions by December 3, 2012.
- After the screening of applications, decisions will be announced in writing in April 2013.
- Successful Applicants will be notified of the grant amount in the Notice of Grant Approval in April 2013.
Application form, instructions and further information about the program you can find here