Deadline: February 1st, 2013
Open to: Applicants should hold or be on their way to hold a Graduate Degree or equivalent. A B2 (CEFR) competence level of English or above is required
Scholarship: € 13,638 for the whole duration of program (three or four years)
The program is divided into two curricula: Economics and Finance; curriculum has to be selected in the application phase. By its nature, the program is multidisciplinary and students choose from a wide range of electives. Dedicated mentorship and support are offered to students throughout their time at Bocconi.
- Our first-year students acquire a broad set of theoretical and methodological skills required in both economics and finance (mathematics, statistics, econometrics, microeconomics), as well as in their curriculum (macroeconomics for Economics, asset pricing and corporate finance for Finance).
- In the second year, students choose their field of specialization within their curriculum (e.g. asset pricing, accounting, banking, corporate finance, development economics, econometrics, economic history, microeconomic theory, industrial dynamics and organization, international economics, macroeconomics, political economics, and public economics).
- The third and fourth years are entirely dedicated to research,
including attendance at regular seminars held by internationally renowned internal and external faculty.
Applicants should hold or be on their way to hold a Graduate Degree or equivalent. A B2 (CEFR) competence level of English
or above is required to be admitted to the PhD program. See documentation web area for the list of accepted qualifying certifications.
To apply for our PhD program you have to use our Online Application System. Applications are due by: February 1st, 2013.
For your application you will need the following documentation:
- Completed on-line application form
- Full CV
- Documents regarding Undergraduate and Graduate degrees with full list of exams with grades
- For candidates who have not yet finished their Graduate program, a document of enrolment with full list of course exams, exams taken and grades achieved
- A B2 (CEFR) competence level of English or above
- Certificate of results for the GRE (Graduate Records of Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) test
- Two or one reference letters prepared by people who have direct knowledge of you either as a student or as a colleague
- Maximum 5 other supporting documents you feel important to be evaluated (e.g. publications, additional language certificates, etc.)
- Statement of purpose
At the first step, up to 10 PhD fellowships (which cover four years of study) are available for the PhD in Economics and Finance. Afterwards, other positions (with or without fellowship) can be allocated according to merit.
Students offered a place in the PhD programs can be admitted with fellowship, according to their ranking. In compliance with Ministerial Decree 18th June 2008, the annual amount of the fellowship for the whole duration of the program (three or four years) is € 13,638.47 (before social security contributions). For authorised stays abroad the amount may be increased by 50% in proportion to the length of the stay, which, under no circumstances, can exceed half the duration of the course. Income from the fellowship is tax free. Winners with fellowship do not pay registration fees.
Students admitted without fellowship to the PhD programs in Economics and Finance, or Business Administration and Management, or Statistics have to pay tuition fees of EUR 5,000 per year. Students admitted without fellowship to the PhD in International Law and Economics and PhD in Law of Business and Commerce have to pay tuition fees of EUR 4,000 per year. Outstanding paying students may be granted a total or partial reduction of the fees according to funds availability and the reduction can also be granted in the next academic year. The percentage is also based on the students’ performance; it can vary from 50% to 100% and change from year to year.
For more detailed information about PhD in Economics and Finance, please visit the website.