Deadline: 28 December, 2012
Open to: Every NGO from the European Union that cooperates with volunteers via the Internet or NGO which has an idea for a new corporate e-volunteering project.
Award: The Competition winners will be awarded with 8.000 Euros funded by Fundacja Orange and France Telecom-Orange Group Foundation
‘Discover e-volunteering’ is the first and only competition in Europe which aims at honouring and promoting the most interesting projects in which volunteers are helping others via the Internet – the e-volunteering projects.
In 2011 was the launching of the 1st edition of the Competition, as one of the Flagship Projects of the European Year of Volunteering; it was also organized within the Polish Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The effects were amazing! 80 applications from 19 EU countries!
The 1st edition has proven that there are plenty of ways to help others through the Internet: free Web counseling, forming assistance and self-help groups, e-tutoring, sharing professional skills and knowledge through the Net, e-charity, searching for information and many more! Every day new ideas are brought to life, that is why the organizers has decided to organize the 2nd edition of the Discover e-volunteering Competition! The 2nd European edition of the „Discover e-volunteering” is organized by the Good Network Foundation and Fundacja Orange, in cooperation with Competition Local Partners operating in the European countries. It is co-financed by the France Telecom-Orange Group Foundation.
About the Competition
- the 2nd edition of ‘Discover e-volunteering’ is open for NGOs form the 27 EU countries;
- to enter the Competition, organisation should fill in the online application form, or download the offline version of the application form, fill it in, and send it to the organizers by e-mail: [email protected] (for the offline form go below);
- the organizers will accept applications in 6 languages: Polish, English, French, Slovak, Italian and Spanish;
- the deadline for the applications is December, 28, 2012.
- there are 2 categories in the Competition:
- category for existing e-volunteering projects – NGO can apply if it runs project in which volunteers help others via the Internet,
- category for new corporate e-volunteering projects – NGO can also apply if it has an idea for a new corporate e-volunteering project – project in which corporate volunteer(s) will be cooperating with a NGO through the Internet; the corporate volunteer(s) should be involved in the development of the submitted project;
- Call for applications.
- Regional Experts examine the applications submitted to the Competition from their language region.
- The Competition Selection Committee selects 9-12 best projects.
- E-mentoring in the category for new corporate e-volunteering projects.
- Voting will be open to the public on the web at: http://www.e-volunteering.eu/competition/Final Gala in Warsaw.
Please also note that every NGO from the European Union that cooperates with volunteers via the Internet or NGO which has an idea for a new corporate e-volunteering project is eligible to enter the competition. Such non-governmental organizations should be legally registered and conducting internet website or other on-line activity.
The Competition winners will be awarded prize money to further the development of the winning e-volunteering projects. What is more, the finalists in the category for new corporate e-volunteering project will receive the possibility to consult their
e-volunteering project with mentors – knowledgeable and experienced in the usage of ICTs for social good, who will help them with the preparatory work and implementation of their e-volunteering project in March, 2013.
The total sum of prizes is 8 000 Euro, and they are funded by Fundacja Orange and France Telecom-Orange Group Foundation. The sum may increase during the Competition.
The official announcement of the winners of the Competition will take place in June 2013 during the Final Gala in Warsaw.
How to Apply
The 2nd European edition of the „Discover e-volunteering” is organized by the Good Network Foundation and Fundacja Orange, in cooperation with Competition Local Partners operating in the European countries. It is co-financed by the France Telecom-Orange Group Foundation.
- Polski – kategoria istniejących projektów e-wolontariackich.
- Polski – kategoria nowych projektów e-wolontariatu pracowniczego.
- English – category for existing e-volunteering projects.
- English – category for new corporate e-volunteering projects.
- Français – Le projet actuel d’e- bénévolat.
- Français – Un nouveau projet d’e- bénévolat d’entreprise.
- Espanol – Proyecto de e-voluntariado existente.
- Espanol – Nuevo proyecto de e-voluntariado corporativo.
- Slovenčina – Existujúci e-dobrovoľnícky projekt .
- Slovenčina – Nový e-dobrovoľnícky projekt.
You may download a offline application form, fill it in and send it to us by e-mail: [email protected] The deadline is December, 28, 2012. You can also enter the Competition online, through the online application form.
If your organization or company would like to support the Competition – feel free to contact the organizers at: [email protected]! The organizers be more than happy to talk about the possible cooperation.
The organizers invite all organizations from Europe to get involved in the ‘Discover e-volunteering’ Competition as our Local Partners. With your help we will be able to reach more NGOs who could benefit from the participation in the Competition, as well as create more diverse and valuable base of good practices. To learn more about it visit the Partnership webpage.
You can also visit the FAQ section here.