Deadline: December 14, 2012
Open to: participants from the member states of the Council of Europe, aged 18 – 35 with good knowledge of English
Venue: European Youth Centre – Budapest, Hungary, 26-29 January 2013
European Peer Training Organisation (EPTO) is calling for participants for the PEER Forum Learning for Well-being, which will take place place in the European Youth Centre in Budapest, 26 – 29 January, 2013.
The past experience of the YOUTH FORUM gave everyone the feeling that it was time for something more ‘hands on’ approach. With EPTO facilitating the Learning for Well-being Youth Alliance, and with the generous support of the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe and the Universal Education Foundation, who facilitates the Learning for Well-being global partnership, this edition of the forum will explore how peer training approaches can contribute towards the learning for well-being of children and young people.
- Provide a space for young people and youth serving organizations to showcase peer training practices that are conducive to children and young people’s learning for well-being
- Stimulate cooperation between different fields with a stake in young people’s well- being (health, formal & non-formal education, environment, culture)
- Present EPTO’s new face, plan and programmes that support youth serving organisations in doing quality peer training
- Generate a reflection on the role of youth in systemic change towards well-being for ALL, discussing themes such as: instruments for influencing policy towards children & young people’s well-being; strategies for creating intergenerational cooperation
The organizers are looking for the participants:
- Aged 18 – 35
- Able to work in English fluently and available to attend the whole duration of the event
- Are resident in one of the member states of the Council of Europe
- Using peer training as way to support learning for well-being of young people
- Would like to exchange practice with other young people and youth workers running peer training activities on different areas connected to well-being
- Would use the experience of this seminar to cooperate with others in Europe using peer training approaches
- Willing to showcase their peer training approach by running a session/workshop during the seminar
ONLY people resident in one of the member states of the Council of Europe are eligible to participate in this event. All other applications will be discarded.
- EPTO covers 60% of all travel costs from your home to the training venue and home again (cheapest possible means: APEX Airfare, 2nd class Train ticket). The 60% will be reimbursed after the training by completing a reimbursement form to send back to EPTO office within one month after the conference with all the original tickets and boarding passes.
- All other expenses related to accommodation, meals, and training materials during the seminar are covered by the European Youth Foundation via EPTO.
How to apply?
You can apply online here
Deadline is 14 December, 2012.
Rue Amedee Lynen 8
Tel.: +32 (0)2 340 96 24
For further details read the Official Call