Deadline: 19 January, 2013
Open to: PhD students and recent PhD graduates (2009 and later), young researchers and scientists, dealing with the Western Balkans and eager to present and discuss their research work with colleagues from the region and beyond
Venue: Belgrade, Serbia from 23-26 May, 2013
Interested young researchers and scientists are invited to apply to participate at the Regional Research Promotion Programme (RRPP) Annual Conference that will take place in Belgrade, Serbia from 23-26 May 2013.
The main objectives of the conference are:
- To provide opportunities for researchers dealing with the region to meet, network, exchange and discuss their research projects and results;
- To discuss the challenges, contradictions and ambivalences in the transformation process of the social sciences field within the Balkans;
- To discuss potential areas that may be addressed to more effectively influence policy development with the aid of scientific research results.
PhD students and recent PhD graduates (2009 and later) dealing with the Western Balkans, eager to present and discuss their research work with colleagues from the region and beyond (especially current research results) that relate to the general topic “Social, Political and Economic Change in the Western Balkans”.
More specifically, papers should fit into one of the following panels:
1) Gender Politics and Discourses
2) Media, Political and Social Discourses
3) New Social Disparities/Social and Economic Change
4) States, Networks and Informality
5) Migration, Diasporas and Remittances
Papers to be presented can handle topics within the region in general or deal with the processes of change in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia.
The selected candidates will be able to present and discuss their work in one of the five above-mentioned panels, wherein researchers involved in RRPP research projects will also present their research results. For more information about the RRPP’s current research projects, please click HERE.
All interested candidates should submit a single PDF file containing a short Curriculum Vitae (max. 1 page), an abstract of the proposed conference paper (max. 300 words) and a short letter of motivation (max. 1 page) by 19 January 2013 at the latest to [email protected] and [email protected]
In submitting an abstract, all candidates should state, in the ‘Subject’ section of their email, their chosen topic/panel.
The selection process for abstracts will be completed by the end of February 2013. After the initial approval of abstracts, selected candidates will be invited to submit a full research paper (up to 5000 words) by 28 April 2013.
For those accepted, the RRPP Management will cover travel and accommodation expenses, and/or provide opportunities for co-financing if the costs in individual cases exceed the average expenses per participant attending the conference.
Should you need further information, please write to [email protected]