Deadline: 31 January, 2013
Open to: translators
Fellowship: a monthly stipend in the amount of eur 2,050
The Paul Celan Fellowship Program of IWM and ERSTE Foundation aims to help overcome deficits and asymmetries in the exchange of ideas and reception of scholarly literature which result from the division of Europe in the 20th century.
The Paul Celan Fellowships support Western to Eastern translations, or between two Eastern European languages, and especially Eastern to Western translations of canonical texts and contemporary key works in the Humanities, Social Sciences and Cultural Studies. Special emphasis is put on translations of relevant works written by East European authors and/or by female gendered scholars. A thematic relation to one of the IWM’s research fields is likewise welcomed.
Please note that no applications for works of fiction and poetry are accepted.
Paul Celan Visiting Fellows are invited to spend three to six months at the iwm between July 2013 and June 2014 to pursue their translation projects while working in residence at the Institute.
Fellows receive a monthly stipend in the amount of eur 2,050 to cover all expenses related to thestay in Vienna. In addition, the iwm provides the fellows with a personal office including access to internet, in-house research and administrative facilities as well as other services free of charge. Paul Celan Visiting Fellows will be members of the international and multidisciplinary scholarly community at the iwm.
The application consists of (in English or German):
- the application form
- a curriculum vitae with a bibliography of translations and other relevant publications
- the name of the author and the work to be translated (from the original language) and an explanation for the choice thereof
- the exact number of pages
- a contract or a letter of intent from a publisher
- proof that the translator/publisher holds the rights to the translation and its publication (or has an option for them)
- the planned date of publication
- information on the program of the publishing house
Deadline for application is January 31, 2013.
For further details please visit this link