Deadline: 28 February 2013
Open to: B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, Telematics or a related field
Scholarship: Total combined value of financial package of more than 150,000 Euros over five years
Institute IMDEA Networks is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the development of future Internet technologies and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see research team here). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years. Further information regarding areas of research can be found here.
PhD Student positions offer young, aspiring researchers a salaried position in our research team. Candidates offered a position as IMDEA Networks PhD Students will have been pre-vetted and conditionally accepted for a place on the Ph.D. program at University Carlos III of Madrid (UC3M), subject to your satisfactory completion of their Ph.D. application form. Please note: you are not required to complete the UC3M PhD application form until you receive an offer letter from IMDEA Networks.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, Telematics or a related field (concluded by the time you join)
- Excellent academic transcripts
- Clearly defined Statement of Purpose for Ph.D. research thesis
- Excellent level of spoken and written English (please note: Spanish is not required)
- Highly motivated
- Freedom to focus on your research work, with full administrative support. No teaching duties
- Collaboration with leading experts on international research projects
- Supervision throughout your Ph.D. by one of our world-renowned and award-winning researchers (see Research team). Please note that usually students are assigned the supervisor and research area they request, but this is not guaranteed
- Use of state-of-the-art resources and facilities
- Collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment
- Participation at international conferences and project meetings
- Assistance with all aspects of immigration and relocation (including support with your VISA application)
- Support to take innovations to market
- Salaried position for up to 5 years
- All Ph.D. program fees paid
- Access to comprehensive healthcare
- Total combined value of financial package of more than 150,000 Euros over five years
How to apply
Interested candidates should fill-in this on-line application form. The deadline for applications is 28 February 2013!
More information about the University Carlos III of Madrid Ph.D program.