Deadline: 1 March, 2013
Open to: applicants with a doctoral degree issued no more than 3 years prior to the time of application
Fellowship: the monthly salary up to S$5,500, travel reimbursement up to S$5,000 per year plus medical insurance
The College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships for the Academic Year 2013. The themes of this year are Digital Humanities and Medical Humanities. Fellows will be appointed to the School of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) or the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information (WKWSCI).
The Postdoctoral Fellowship provides support of up to two years to recent PhD graduates who demonstrate promise in research and teaching in their fields of study. By offering new scholars the opportunity to develop research publications, hone their teaching, and network with academics, the scheme serves as a bridge between the scholars’ doctoral training and their entry into faculty careers. The postdoctoral fellows’ involvement in independent research under the mentorship of experienced faculty not only enhances their training as independent investigators, but also raises the research profiles of the schools within the College.
- Applicants should possess a doctoral degree issued no more than 3 years prior to the time of application (i.e. the degree must have been obtained after Jan 1, 2010). Successful candidates must have been conferred their doctoral degrees prior to starting their fellowships in July or August of 2013.
- Fellowships are open to all nationalities
- Candidates for the Medical Humanities theme will have to demonstrate in their research plans specific ways in which their research will involve collaborating with the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine and/or with the healthcare community in Singapore.
- As for financial aid, the monthly salary will be up to S$5,500 (all in); settling in allowances are S$2,000 for postdoc, S$2,000 for spouse, S$1,000 for up to 3 children.
- Postdocs will also receive research travel reimbursement up to S$5,000 per year.
- Medical insurance is provided for the fellows
- However, rebated housing or housing benefits is not available.
Applicants may apply for one or more research area; the research areas are to be stated clearly on the application form. They should state in their research proposal prior experience with and plans for reaching out to other disciplines or areas of expertise. Successful applicants will work closely with the listed faculty supervisors as well as with faculty members and postdoctoral fellows from other disciplines.
Applications must be submitted in one single document (Microsoft Word format) using the official application form.
The following documents must be submitted along with an application form:
- curriculum vitae
- a list of relevant publications
- at least two references
Please send completed application forms to:
Associate Dean (Research)
Email: [email protected]
Applications must reach the College by March 1, 2013 (11:59pm Singapore Time).
For more details visit the Official Website